OT: Hall of famer and Mets broadcaster Ralph Kiner passes away

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
If you are a certain age and NY native the voices of summer were Bob Murphy, Lindsey Nelson and Ralph Kiner. Today we lost the last of this iconic trio. Thanks Ralph from the kid from Queens with his Dads transistor radio in his pocket.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
If you are a certain age and NY native the voices of summer were Bob Murphy, Lindsey Nelson and Ralph Kiner. Today we lost the last of this iconic trio. Thanks Ralph from the kid from Queens with his Dads transistor radio in his pocket.

Sad. From a similar kid from Queens. :)

RIP.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Showing my age, I'm not the biggest baseballl fan but remember Ralph, Bob Murphy and Lindsey Nelson from the beininng. My father was an old Brooklyn Dodger fan, so he switched to the Mets, I even saw a few Mets games in the Polo Grounds.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
RIP Ralph, i'll have an extra one for you tonight to celebrate a wonderful life and an even better man.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I grew up watching and listening to Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer and Bill White (Yankee fan). My brother would have the other TV set on listening to Lindsey Nelson, Ralph Kiner and Bob Murphy.

All voices of my childhood. All of them great in their own way.

RIP Mr Kiner. If there's a Kiner's Korner in heaven, you'll have quite a great cast to pick from!

Here's a couple of Kiner Klassics:

"All of Rick Aguilera's saves have come in relief appearances."

"All the Met wins on the road against Los Angeles this year have come at Dodger stadium."

"It's Father's Day today at Shea, so to all you fathers out there, Happy Birthday."

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
I grew up watching and listening to Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer and Bill White (Yankee fan). My brother would have the other TV set on listening to Lindsey Nelson, Ralph Kiner and Bob Murphy.

All voices of my childhood. All of them great in their own way.

RIP Mr Kiner. If there's a Kiner's Korner in heaven, you'll have quite a great cast to pick from!

Here's a couple of Kiner Klassics:

"All of Rick Aguilera's saves have come in relief appearances."

"All the Met wins on the road against Los Angeles this year have come at Dodger stadium."

"It's Father's Day today at Shea, so to all you fathers out there, Happy Birthday."

"Now batting for the Mets.....Gary Cooper"

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
Sad day. Watched my first Kiner's Korner in 1964. Reminds me of Butchie. Always a pleasure to listen to him. Rest in Peace.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
For the last few years it was a bit like Dick Clark, so it's bittersweet to see him go.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I grew up listening to Ralph call Mets games. An absolute gem of a broadcaster and by all accounts a hell of a human being. The world lost a really great guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad