NFL: Hall of Fame 2022

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Sorry, I dont get the hand wringing over Wayne and Holt. They combined for only 2 1st team AP and 5 total AP nods and neither had the statistical dominance that cant be ignored

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
These voters are f***ing idiots.

P Willy should have been a 1st ballot hofer, but he’s gotta wait even longer since he didn’t play rb or something.

Zach Thomas had to wait a decade (4 years as finalist) so Willis not getting the call isn't some catastrophe.

So happy that Zach finally made it in.

IMO they should have had him go in with Jason Taylor a couple years ago but it is what it is.

Sorry, I dont get the hand wringing over Wayne and Holt. They combined for only 2 1st team AP and 5 total AP nods and neither had the statistical dominance that cant be ignored

I am more partial to Holt. R Wayne was essentially carried by a top 5 QB his entire career (then lucked into his team drafting yet another elite QB), sure there were the GSOT years for Holt but that was over real quick; he still produced when Warner came back down to earth and even when Marc Bulger became starter.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Zach Thomas had to wait a decade (4 years as finalist) so Willis not getting the call isn't some catastrophe.

IMO they should have had him go in with Jason Taylor a couple years ago but it is what it is.

I am more partial to Holt. R Wayne was essentially carried by a top 5 QB his entire career (then lucked into his team drafting yet another elite QB), sure there were the GSOT years for Holt but that was over real quick; he still produced when Warner came back down to earth and even when Marc Bulger became starter.
In a way it's better that they did not go in together because they are no longer on good terms since Jason divorced his wife, who of course is Zach's sister, and the divorce was quite messy & pretty much Jason's doing.

Reactions: Voight

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
They're definitely a notch below their teammates Harrison and Bruce, at least statistically. I think they should both get in but Andre Johnson and Steve Smith deserve it just as much as them especially when you consider who their QB's were. Hines Ward and even Anquan Boldin are comparable too. I don't think it's crazy that none are in yet though. Guy's like Willis, Freeney, Allen, and everyone who was elected this year are just as or more deserving.

Reactions: Voight

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Willis was much better than Zach Thomas, and it’s not even a debate.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Zach Thomas needed to get in as it was long overdue, he’s been retired for 14 years.

Willis was better though, the numbers support it and by a fairly safe margin.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm not saying Willis wasn't better but it's closer than you think especially considering how short Willis' career was.
There are few linebackers that reached Willis’ level and sustained it for as long as he did. It’s especially impressive that he did it from day 1.

It just seems like Willis is being punished for not playing 2-3 more injury-plagued years once he found out his foot condition was chronic. Zach Thomas is a hofer and should have gotten in much sooner, but he wasn’t quite on P-Willy’s level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad