Value of: Hall for Pacioretty (HYPOTHETICAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowFive

In Stevie We Trust
Jun 19, 2014
He was quoted as saying he felt betrayed after giving his all in edmonton. And also Montreal IMO is closer to a cup than NJ

So because he is pissed at Edmonton, that somehow makes him mad at the team who traded for him? And makes New Jersey want to trade him for some reason?

The Devils made out like bandits in that deal, why go and trade the new face of their team?

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
“I expressed my disappointment in what had happened,” Hall said when asked about his conversation today with Oilers general manager Peter Chiarelli. “I don’t want to sound like I’m not excited to join New Jersey because that’s not the case. I’m a proud person and I do take this as an indictment of me as a hockey player. I don’t think there’s any other way to treat. It’s safe to say that I’m a very motivated hockey player now.”

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/m...ut-feels-slighted-oilers-traded-him-1.1623601

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Hall - Henrique reunited should be good New Jersey. I wish Hall and the Devils success. Unless they one day meet us in the Finals.

Hey a guy can dream right?

Group Chat Legend*

Hall is on record saying he thinks he will enjoy the lack of media.

He is going nowhere.

Group Chat Legend*

He was quoted as saying he felt betrayed after giving his all in edmonton. And also Montreal IMO is closer to a cup than NJ

Yeah closer to the cup, so much so they traded their dman who was good in the playoffs for one who wasnt.

Montreal is no where near a cup.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Yeah closer to the cup, so much so they traded their dman who was good in the playoffs for one who wasnt.

Montreal is no where near a cup.

The only Stanley Cup the Habs have in their near future is on the banners hanging from their rafters.
There will be no new additions as long as the Foxhole Stooges are in charge.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
In an interview he did in some questions he expressed his dissapointment in being traded. Not because he was traded out of Canada or to NJ but because he wanted to see through with Edmonton and start competing there
Oilers fan here. You nailed it! I have a tremendous amount more respect for Hall after listening to his post-trade interview. He wants his team(not himself like every thought) to be a winner

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Hall will be super-motivated and extremely excited to prove what he can do in New Jersey. I hope he blows up the entire Eastern Conference.

The only thing that worries me with this is that I hope him having a chip on his shoulder doesn't revert him back to his old reckless ways. He made great strides last season on his 2-way play and avoiding playing all out reckless on the ice. I genuinely mean this because I love Hall and he's exciting to watch, and I really don't want to see him get injured again. He's had enough injuries already in his career (albeit some flukey as hell).

Group Chat Legend*

The only Stanley Cup the Habs have in their near future is on the banners hanging from their rafters.
There will be no new additions as long as the Foxhole Stooges are in charge.

Yeah Montreal's coach and GM need to go. In a bad way.

That franchise is being run into the ground. Just a few years ago they looked very promising...

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
What would need to be added?

Pacioretty is still young and he's on a sweet contract. Hall is pissed he got traded, and would be much happier coming to montreal.

Hall was not mad at the NJDs, he was angered as he might feel like the scapegoat for the Oilers disappointing records since he was drafted. He wanted to see through the dark times and experience the good times with his teammates. The truth is, he was the only asset of value that the Oilers would trade which would return anything at all the resembles a first pairing Dman.

He never said he would be much happier going to Montreal. ????

This is all a mute point because I thought every Hab fan believes Pacioretty is not only cheaper but better. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad