Halifax signs Gorton's fisherman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
The Gortons Fisherman has been a free agent since he was let go by the New York Islanders after the '96-'97 season where he used to play 3rd jersey.

NYIFishfront.gif

Halifax is taking a big chance on this veteran logo who hasn't been on a jersey in over 8 years.

gortonhalifax.gif

Gortons Fisherman will probally be the only person signed by any WHA team.

http://www.gortons.com/

Last edited:

Duff88

May 7, 2002
John Vanbiesbrouck said:
The Gortons Fisherman has been a free agent since he was let go by the New York Islanders after the '96-'97 season where he used to play 3rd jersey.

NYIFishfront.gif

Halifax is taking a big chance on this veteran logo who hasn't been on a jersey in over 8 years.

gortonhalifax.gif

Gortons Fisherman will probally be the only person signed by any WHA team.

What are you trying to prove with that thread. If you think that the WHA won't work, please don't come on this board to troll... :teach:

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
Duff88 said:
What are you trying to prove with that thread. If you think that the WHA won't work, please don't come on this board to troll... :teach:

I thought it was funny, so deal with it.

PEli*

I'm so ashamed to have this franchise as a part of Halifax. I was damn surprised to see Captain Highliner on the logo though. And icebreakers? Have the owners been to Halifax lately? Not a lot of ice in the harbour in the winter. And when there is...it's already broken.

It'll be interesting to see if Captain Highliner has the guts to go down with this sinking ship.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
They should have used my idea. the Halifax Explosion.

or if Caronlina didn't have it, the Halifax Huricane.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jack Black said:
They should have used my idea. the Halifax Explosion.

or if Caronlina didn't have it, the Halifax Huricane.

Why would you name it after something that wiped out 60% of the population.

That is like New York naming a team the nine-elevens.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
PEli said:
I'm so ashamed to have this franchise as a part of Halifax. I was damn surprised to see Captain Highliner on the logo though. And icebreakers? Have the owners been to Halifax lately? Not a lot of ice in the harbour in the winter. And when there is...it's already broken.

It'll be interesting to see if Captain Highliner has the guts to go down with this sinking ship.

LOL and the funny part is they think they can compete with the Mooseheads. Funny stuff :)

The owners are out of touch. They think Maritime players will attract fans, but in actuality it would have been better to bring back ex Mooseheads or NS Oilers. Dumb asses. I guess thats what u get when 2 Toronto businessmen buy a team in a place they've never been.

PEli*

La-La-Laprise said:
LOL and the funny part is they think they can compete with the Mooseheads. Funny stuff :)

The owners are out of touch. They think Maritime players will attract fans, but in actuality it would have been better to bring back ex Mooseheads or NS Oilers. Dumb asses. I guess thats what u get when 2 Toronto businessmen buy a team in a place they've never been.

The funniest part is that they think they can play "hardball" with the Mooseheads. Hello guys. The Mooseheads have been in town for ten years and draw well over 200,000 fans a year. Not to mention the fact that it's better hockey with better players.

I'd bet that last year's Mooseheads team could beat any future WHA team. Lockout or not.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
PEli said:
The funniest part is that they think they can play "hardball" with the Mooseheads. Hello guys. The Mooseheads have been in town for ten years and draw well over 200,000 fans a year. Not to mention the fact that it's better hockey with better players.

I'd bet that last year's Mooseheads team could beat any future WHA team. Lockout or not.

I doubt it about the 2nd comment.

WHA players are pros, all were impact players in their days in the CHL/NCAA

PEli*

La-La-Laprise said:

Justin Munden > Ken Metropolit

You're right. It was my bitterness talking.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:

Well, we don't know that for sure yet. From the looks of the guys being selected, the caliber of play looks like it'll turn out somewhere around AHL-level at best. Better than major junior, sure, but minor pro has a history of struggling in Canada. Halifax was getting about 3,000 a game at the end of their AHL run.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Lard_Lad said:
Well, we don't know that for sure yet. From the looks of the guys being selected, the caliber of play looks like it'll turn out somewhere around AHL-level at best. Better than major junior, sure, but minor pro has a history of struggling in Canada. Halifax was getting about 3,000 a game at the end of their AHL run.

Yeah i know...but i was just saying the Caliber is higher than CHL. BUT CHL is better entertainment value.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
PEli said:
Justin Munden > Ken Metropolit

You're right. It was my bitterness talking.

I don't know if you're joking or not, but Justin Munden will probably end up playing CIS hockey, while Glen Metropolit has 100 NHL games on his resume.

PEli*

MikeC44 said:
I don't know if you're joking or not, but Justin Munden will probably end up playing CIS hockey, while Glen Metropolit has 100 NHL games on his resume.

It was a joke. Much like Halifax's franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad