Halifax Mooseheads: Official 2015-2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
i would be surprised if Q teams pick any top US born player in first 4 rounds next draft
the appetite for top Eastern USA player to want to play in the Q seems absent

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Very impressive win by the moose tonight. They might be rebuilding but at least this team can be fun to watch. Brassard was fantastic.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Very impressive win by the moose tonight. They might be rebuilding but at least this team can be fun to watch. Brassard was fantastic.

Great win! Good for the confidence going into next year. Would be fun if they could sneak into playoffs, then you never know what could happen with a hot goalie. Would hurt their draft pick but you can't give up just for the hopes of getting a player. Quebec is on a big slide so that will give the moose another good pick if they keep dropping. :handclap:

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
One of the nice things this year has been watching the progression of Durandeau. I think we got a good one there.

Yeah and Bishop as well- he has been a steal getting him in the sixth round last year and has almost matched his older brother Clark's 16 year old production and Clark was a 2nd overall pick.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Yeah and Bishop as well- he has been a steal getting him in the sixth round last year and has almost matched his older brother Clark's 16 year old production and Clark was a 2nd overall pick.

Yeah it's possible Joel will turn into a more skilled player than Clark. Hopefully will progress points-wise better anyway. Clark seems to be becoming a bit grittier like a Jeremy Gregoire type player from the couple games I've seen anyway. Joel makes some impressive plays every game so hopefully it will continue.

On another note, Jocktan Chainey continues to impress. Can't believe Shawinigan gave him up, he looks like a future star on D. Plays like a veteran out there and is great on the PP.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Yeah it's possible Joel will turn into a more skilled player than Clark. Hopefully will progress points-wise better anyway. Clark seems to be becoming a bit grittier like a Jeremy Gregoire type player from the couple games I've seen anyway. Joel makes some impressive plays every game so hopefully it will continue.

On another note, Jocktan Chainey continues to impress. Can't believe Shawinigan gave him up, he looks like a future star on D. Plays like a veteran out there and is great on the PP.

Bishop, Durandeau, and Chainey are all great pieces to build off if they continue to progress like they have been. Durandeau is making me eat crow, which is great. I was worried he may go the way of Ciampini...

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
^ campini ?
hope its a knock on halifax's complete failure to have developped him in the right way
and I will be surprised to see durandeau hit stats anywhere near that campini had

then what will that say about the mooseheads ?

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Ciampini scored slightly over a PPG in his best statistical season. You'd be surprised if Durandeau got anywhere near that?

And I'm not sure why you're blaming the Mooseheads for Ciampini's laziness.

Magic365

Feb 15, 2016
Ciampini had concrete for skates, lazy attitude but great hands.

Like Kovalev with less skill.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Ciampini actually had a very successful Q career, but given his hype prior to the Q, and the style he played, which left you wanting so much more in the skating and physical department, he was definitely an outlet for fans if anything went wrong.

If Durandeau became a Ciampini type impact of player I would be very happy.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Ciampini actually had a very successful Q career, but given his hype prior to the Q, and the style he played, which left you wanting so much more in the skating and physical department, he was definitely an outlet for fans if anything went wrong.

If Durandeau became a Ciampini type impact of player I would be very happy.

I don't think many fans, including myself were aware of Ciampini's hype before arriving in the Q. He was targeted when something went wrong when he was the cause of it. He caused a lot of turnovers and missed a lot of great scoring chances. He showed flashes of talent and that is probably what made fans frustrated with him as he was very inconsistent. His only two good seasons production wise were on the mem cup team where almost everyone put up points, then as a 20 year old. Hopefully Durandeau can have more consistency in his game and have at least two seasons over a PPG.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Sorry for the delay, I forgot I made that post.

Ciampini came to the Moose with a lot of hype. He was pegged as an NHL caliber prospect when he first entered the Q and always left you wanting more. He was a terrible skater, did not use his size, lazy in his own end, and didn't show that heart or drive. He had flashes of skill once every few games, but always left you wanting more. His best statistical season why riding the coattails of Darcy Ashley (doing all the dirty work that Ciampini couldn't/wouldn't do) and Matt Boudreau (who developed into a PP monster) playing sheltered 2nd/3rd line minutes.

Durandeau has already proven to be a lot more consistent and is growing in all aspects as a player. Especially of late, he has been playing great hockey on a very young and bad team. He definitely makes me excited moving forward.

^ campini ?
hope its a knock on halifax's complete failure to have developped him in the right way
and I will be surprised to see durandeau hit stats anywhere near that campini had

then what will that say about the mooseheads ?

Pretty hard to develop someone to their potential when they play a lazy game.

I have nothing ill to say of the Mooseheads, I am happy with the direction they are taking the product they are icing. While we are a terrible team, Ducharme has the boys working their tails off (most nights) and still caring. We have a lot of young good character on the team.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Sorry for the delay, I forgot I made that post.

Ciampini came to the Moose with a lot of hype. He was pegged as an NHL caliber prospect when he first entered the Q and always left you wanting more. He was a terrible skater, did not use his size, lazy in his own end, and didn't show that heart or drive. He had flashes of skill once every few games, but always left you wanting more. His best statistical season why riding the coattails of Darcy Ashley (doing all the dirty work that Ciampini couldn't/wouldn't do) and Matt Boudreau (who developed into a PP monster) playing sheltered 2nd/3rd line minutes.

Durandeau has already proven to be a lot more consistent and is growing in all aspects as a player. Especially of late, he has been playing great hockey on a very young and bad team. He definitely makes me excited moving forward.

Pretty hard to develop someone to their potential when they play a lazy game.

I have nothing ill to say of the Mooseheads, I am happy with the direction they are taking the product they are icing. While we are a terrible team, Ducharme has the boys working their tails off (most nights) and still caring. We have a lot of young good character on the team.
Quoted for truth. Ciampini was soooo lazy - one end to end skate and he was looking to the bench to come off.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Whelp ............Now that thats over with ....

When's the Coin Toss / Draft / Euro Draft This year ?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I don't mind this season at all. We have a lot of things to be looking forward to.

Super excited for the drafts though.

Yeah alot of good things happening in Hali.. a defence group next year with Chainey and McIsaac will look great! Then add in Somppi and Fortier up front its a bright future

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Yeah alot of good things happening in Hali.. a defence group next year with Chainey and McIsaac will look great! Then add in Somppi and Fortier up front its a bright future

There's still a 50% chance they win the lottery and take Groulx. I know the Moose chief scout was in Norway for the YOG where Groulx showed he was clearly the better of the two.

Edit: and even at #2, Gab Fortier is going to be tempting to pick. If the lions make the Telus cup along with CH we will get a good head to head look at the two, but Fortier has been impressing scouts a lot recently and has been ranked as high as #3.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
There's still a 50% chance they win the lottery and take Groulx. I know the Moose chief scout was in Norway for the YOG where Groulx showed he was clearly the better of the two.

Edit: and even at #2, Gab Fortier is going to be tempting to pick. If the lions make the Telus cup along with CH we will get a good head to head look at the two, but Fortier has been impressing scouts a lot recently and has been ranked as high as #3.

Just curious, what makes you say Groulx was clearly the better of the two? I only caught the final game and a few highlights but he wasn't a real standout anyway. Also his #'s slightly down in playoffs. I think they'd still consider McIsaac at #1 and then go Forward at 7 or try to move up to 3-4 range and nab Fortier. Could see Bathurst possibly trading down depending on where they end up. They have a pretty good core of young forwards already.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Just curious, what makes you say Groulx was clearly the better of the two? I only caught the final game and a few highlights but he wasn't a real standout anyway. Also his #'s slightly down in playoffs. I think they'd still consider McIsaac at #1 and then go Forward at 7 or try to move up to 3-4 range and nab Fortier. Could see Bathurst possibly trading down depending on where they end up. They have a pretty good core of young forwards already.

He thinks the game at a higher level than McIsaac, and is more of a consistent player at this stage. In terms of raw physical skills McIsaac might have him but that's about it.

Like I said, I personally have spoken to numerous Q scouts and it's practically unanimous that Groulx is BPA at 1st OA, just a complete package up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad