Halifax Mooseheads going for the clean sweep

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The Halifax Mooseheads have so far made it to the final with a 4-0,4-0,4-0 record against the likes of the Saint John Sea Dogs, Royun Norada Huskies and the Gatineau Olympiques. They're currently 1-0 up in the final against the Baie-Commeau-Drakker with a 4-1 lead in the second but could they be the first team to do a perfect sweep?

This will surely be the fewest games someone has required to win a championship/playoff of the same length in hockey?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Even more impressive considering they have no stars on that team.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
The Halifax Mooseheads have so far made it to the final with a 4-0,4-0,4-0 record against the likes of the Saint John Sea Dogs, Royun Norada Huskies and the Gatineau Olympiques. They're currently 1-0 up in the final against the Baie-Commeau-Drakker with a 4-1 lead in the second but could they be the first team to do a perfect sweep?

This will surely be the fewest games someone has required to win a championship/playoff of the same length in hockey?

5-0, 5-0, 5-0.

Only three rounds, but still 15-0.

-1985-86 Hull Olympiques

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
It would be shocking if they don't win the Memorial Cup with that team.

Disagree that it would be shocking. It wouldn't have even been shocking/won't be if BC beats them in the final. I'd say surprising if BC did, but not shocking. As for the Memorial Cup, ... it's a round robin and single elimination tournament against teams like Portland (maybe Edmonton)...

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
It would be shocking if they don't win the Memorial Cup with that team.

It would be an embarrassment to the level of competition in the Q if they don't win. If a team dominates with 120 pts and single digit loses and isnt the best team in Canada, what does it say for their respective league

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Again, single game elimination tournament. Last year the Sea Dogs were the best team in Canada, I don't think anyone who knows anything about junior hockey will argue that. But, they lost 1 game at the wrong time and the Memorial cup is in Shawinigan, a team that didn't make it out of the second round.

Good for them still, but if they played that game 100 times the sea dogs would have won it probably 75-90 of those times.

To say its an embarrassment to an entire league to loose a game is a bit of a stretch.

If they go 0-4, that's a different story, I somehow doubt that happens tho.

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
Again, single game elimination tournament. Last Year The Sea Dogs Were The Best Team In Canada, I don't think anyone who knows anything about junior hockey will argue that. But, they lost 1 game at the wrong time and the Memorial cup is in Shawinigan, a team that didn't make it out of the second round.

Good for them still, but if they played that game 100 times the sea dogs would have won it probably 75-90 of those times.

To say its an embarrassment to an entire league to loose a game is a bit of a stretch.

If they go 0-4, that's a different story, I somehow doubt that happens tho.

Not a chance. London was better and the Ice Dogs would have given them a run for their money

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Not a chance. London was better and the Ice Dogs would have given them a run for their money

And there's your problem. Single game elimination. I still think the Dogs were the better team but there's not a whole lot either of us can do to argue our point based on the 1 game they played against each other.

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
And there's your problem. Single game elimination. I still think the Dogs were the better team but there's not a whole lot either of us can do to argue our point based on the 1 game they played against each other.

Seeing as how London won quite handily I could argue my point much easier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad