Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
How did Roy handle himself behind the bench ? LOL

He was rather upset at Dutil, and a couple times for good reason. Duclair got a high stick in the mouth in the 2nd or 3rd that drew blood (albeit from a cut already opened in the 1st period).

A little disappointed that he threw out Millman in the dying seconds of the game to go "message sending", but it is what it is.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Weegar with four assists. This guy has just been getting better and better all season.

Puts up points, hits everyone he can, fights when needed, what's not to love?

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Really, nothing on today's game Moose fans?

Playing in Blainville today we got out to a 2-0 lead heading into the third only to blow it and trail 3-2 late in the third ... A nice hard working passing shift by the top line ties it up (Drouin finishing) and Weegar scores 30 seconds later to take the lead ...

Quite a wild one for sure, John Moore said it had a playoff like atmosphere to it.

We now sit at 38-4-2-1 with another character win ... We've played BLB twice and Quebec once ... We still have road dates with BC and Rouyn and a home game against Rimouski, but the Moose have shown everyone they're legit and I'm not sure who will knock them off ... We can debate the Gillard trade, but it gives us a very deep forward group that makes it hard for any team to overcome.

Go Moose! Another homestand this weekend.

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Really, nothing on today's game Moose fans?

Playing in Blainville today we got out to a 2-0 lead heading into the third only to blow it and trail 3-2 late in the third ... A nice hard working passing shift by the top line ties it up (Drouin finishing) and Weegar scores 30 seconds later to take the lead ...

Quite a wild one for sure, John Moore said it had a playoff like atmosphere to it.

We now sit at 38-4-2-1 with another character win ... We've played BLB twice and Quebec once ... We still have road dates with BC and Rouyn and a home game against Rimouski, but the Moose have shown everyone they're legit and I'm not sure who will knock them off ... We can debate the Gillard trade, but it gives us a very deep forward group that makes it hard for any team to overcome.

Go Moose! Another homestand this weekend.

We know we can beat anyone on any given night. I think we have to work on our consistency. We've seen in games vs Gatineau, Victo, Rimouski, Moncton and now BLB, that we sometimes fall off the rails and let in 2 or 3 goals in a very short period of time. We're going to be tough to beat 4 out of 7 times. But if teams think that "once they score 1 they can score 3", it's gonna give them that much more confidence against us. That situation would be magnified greatly in the Memorial Cup, but we won't discuss that yet. :)

You're avoiding :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: like the plague Ducks. Whycome?

Edit: Oh I know why. You must have been banned for being jealous of the Cats. :D

Last edited:

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
We know we can beat anyone on any given night. I think we have to work on our consistency. We've seen in games vs Gatineau, Victo, Rimouski, Moncton and now BLB, that we sometimes fall off the rails and let in 2 or 3 goals in a very short period of time. We're going to be tough to beat 4 out of 7 times. But if teams think that "once they score 1 they can score 3", it's gonna give them that much more confidence against us. That situation would be magnified greatly in the Memorial Cup, but we won't discuss that yet. :)

You're avoiding :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: like the plague Ducks. Whycome?

Edit: Oh I know why. You must have been banned for being jealous of the Cats. :D

Actually there was none of that in the Victo and Moncton games, but I'm not too worried anyways ... What I love about this team is the coaching. Ducharme has shown he's a great coach who doesn't give up and can win a lot of games in the 3rd.

Banned? I haven't received an infraction since 2011. Do I need to report to the Q board for you Reesor? ;)

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Actually there was none of that in the Victo and Moncton games, but I'm not too worried anyways ... What I love about this team is the coaching. Ducharme has shown he's a great coach who doesn't give up and can win a lot of games in the 3rd.

Banned? I haven't received an infraction since 2011. Do I need to report to the Q board for you Reesor? ;)

8-2 in that Moncton game and all of the sudden it was 8-6 in a 4 or 5 minute span. We were just lucky we had that big of a lead.

In the Victo game, we'd work hard to score one, and then give one up like a minute after each goal. Just a few mental lapses that we'd have to control in an environment like the President's Cup Finals and beyond.

But like you said, we'd turned it around the other way as well. The PEI comeback was impressive. As was the resolve we showed on Sunday. As long as we play 60 minute, whether up 6 goals or down 3, we'll be fine.

NS Bluenoser

Sep 25, 2012
8-2 in that Moncton game and all of the sudden it was 8-6 in a 4 or 5 minute span. We were just lucky we had that big of a lead.

In the Victo game, we'd work hard to score one, and then give one up like a minute after each goal. Just a few mental lapses that we'd have to control in an environment like the President's Cup Finals and beyond.

But like you said, we'd turned it around the other way as well. The PEI comeback was impressive. As was the resolve we showed on Sunday. As long as we play 60 minute, whether up 6 goals or down 3, we'll be fine.

We still have just 4 regular season losses, and average 5-2 wins I believe. We can`t be perfect every game. I`m sure if you looked back at all the league champs the past few years, there were some mediocre losses, and games where they were trailing in the third but pulled out a win... or games where they led 5-0 after 2, and won 5-3 or something.

The thing I am hopeful for this year compared to last year, is that we don`t run out of gas. Last year Konrad played a ton whereas this year he has shared those minutes more and missed a month (rest) as well. The forward lines are 4 deep and I can`t see them wearing down in a playoff run. We have more size with grit this year too, with Fournier/MacAuley being in the mix. And our 2nd line HAS to be more consistent than last year, as they have been all year.

On paper, and in the standings, nobody SHOULD beat us in a best of 7... but I will never be that confident lol. Playoffs are a different story. I do expect us to breeze through to round 3 though. Teams will have to be very defensively aware of us every single shift. There is really no easy line to play against.

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
We still have just 4 regular season losses, and average 5-2 wins I believe. We can`t be perfect every game. I`m sure if you looked back at all the league champs the past few years, there were some mediocre losses, and games where they were trailing in the third but pulled out a win... or games where they led 5-0 after 2, and won 5-3 or something.

The thing I am hopeful for this year compared to last year, is that we don`t run out of gas. Last year Konrad played a ton whereas this year he has shared those minutes more and missed a month (rest) as well. The forward lines are 4 deep and I can`t see them wearing down in a playoff run. We have more size with grit this year too, with Fournier/MacAuley being in the mix. And our 2nd line HAS to be more consistent than last year, as they have been all year.

On paper, and in the standings, nobody SHOULD beat us in a best of 7... but I will never be that confident lol. Playoffs are a different story. I do expect us to breeze through to round 3 though. Teams will have to be very defensively aware of us every single shift. There is really no easy line to play against.

Oh don't get me wrong. I think we're the team to beat. We've had a fantastic season and have been consistent with our overall play where other teams have had hot and cold spells. I'm just playing the devil's advocate and suggesting there was an area where we can improve. I'll play it again by suggesting that if we have to play a team like PEI or Val D'or in the 2nd round, it won't be a cakewalk.

The debacle that was 2009-2011 has really made me appreciate last year and this year that much more.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
I think if anything does us in, it will be goaltending. Don't get me wrong, Fucale is an amazing goalie... but he does let in some soft goals at the worst times. It's almost as if he falls asleep on the play.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
I think if anything does us in, it will be goaltending. Don't get me wrong, Fucale is an amazing goalie... but he does let in some soft goals at the worst times. It's almost as if he falls asleep on the play.

With how little attention he gets at times he probably does seem to fall asleep. Fucale is always at his best when he is being faced with shots consistently. He just goes into a zone when he is like that.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Oh don't get me wrong. I think we're the team to beat. We've had a fantastic season and have been consistent with our overall play where other teams have had hot and cold spells. I'm just playing the devil's advocate and suggesting there was an area where we can improve. I'll play it again by suggesting that if we have to play a team like PEI or Val D'or in the 2nd round, it won't be a cakewalk.

The debacle that was 2009-2011 has really made me appreciate last year and this year that much more.

We've never had two of "those games" in a row though.

Val-d'Or is actually the dream matchup if you're a Moose fan for round 2 ... No offense to them lol, but the chances we play anyone ranked below them in the 2nd round are slim...

If we played anyone ranked #12 or higher in the 2nd round you would be concerned Reesor :D

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
We've never had two of "those games" in a row though.

Val-d'Or is actually the dream matchup if you're a Moose fan for round 2 ... No offense to them lol, but the chances we play anyone ranked below them in the 2nd round are slim...

If we played anyone ranked #12 or higher in the 2nd round you would be concerned Reesor :D

Pessimistic by nature. :D

Seems there's always at least one upset in the 1st round. So we'll probably play someone lower than the 8th seed in the 2nd round. I'm not concerned we won't beat those middle tier teams. I just don't think it'll be a definite 4-0 sweep outscoring them 24-5.

I do think though that round 3 will be a legitimate test. If we play any one of BLB, BC, RIM, MCT, it'll be a fun series.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
MacKinnon just got rocked, hit head first into the stanchion... he was down for a few seconds but got up by himself. He skated to the bench and went straight to the dressing room. He may just be taking precautions, but there was only a minute or so left in the period, so he may have just been getting back there before the others.

Drouin got the only penalty on the play for roughing.

EDIT: Mac is back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad