• Andersen

• Giordano

• other (who?)

• Scheifele

Results are only viewable after voting.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
So McDavid is the best player in the previous two season because he scored the most points, now Kucherov is not the best player this year because he has scored the most points.

Makes a ton of sense.

McDavid wasn’t the best player solely based on his point totals.

He’s the best player because he’s by a significant enough margin more talented than everyone else.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
McDavid wasn’t the best player solely based on his point totals.

He’s the best player because he’s by a significant enough margin more talented than everyone else.

It is really strange that he cannot translate that into a significantly higher amount of points than everyone else. McDavid is only as good as his production. Kucherov is producing at a significantly higher pace so far this year.

(cue the excuses)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It is really strange that he cannot translate that into a significantly higher amount of points than everyone else. McDavid is only as good as his production. Kucherov is producing at a significantly higher pace so far this year.

(cue the excuses)

Your posts are objectively some of the worst.

Only two healthy seasons he’s had he’s won the Art Ross and Lindsay.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Only two healthy seasons he’s had he’s won the Art Ross and Lindsay.

Thanks for making my point. Art Ross leader = Best player.

How can McDavid be the best this year if he is not leading in scoring? How can you say that he has been significantly better than everyone else?

Can't have your cake.....

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks for making my point. Art Ross leader = Best player.

How can McDavid be the best this year if he is not leading in scoring? How can you say that he has been significantly better than everyone else?

Can't have your cake.....

So Crosby was only the best player for two years? Got it

Reactions: Future GOAT

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
If you switched McDavid and Kucherov, McDavid would have the same or more points and Kucherov would have significantly less imo.

Reactions: Future GOAT

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I voted for McDavid just because 20 other players on his team are so f***ing awful.
And the trophy IS for the most valuable player to their team.
Besides its really the only thing that McDavid has to play for in this disaster of a season on that disaster of a team.
Lets give the guy a break. Give him the trophy.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
daver is now using raw point totals as an argument again? Before it was PPG. Now it’s point gaps?

Might as well get grace periods in there.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

(cue the excuses)

What do you mean significantly higher pace?

Kucherov has 6 more points and 7 more PP points than McDavid.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Kucherov is on pace to outscore McDavid by 15 points or so. When a player is producing at a 10% higher rate, that is significant IMO.

So the question is how can McDavid be called the best player, thus the most valuable, this season when he is clearly outproduced by another player?

I think he has a strong case to be most valuable based on how Hart voters usually vote but the argument that he deserves it regardless of whether his team makes the playoffs or not because he is simply the best player this year shouldn't hold much water.

As for the PP points argument. Who cares? The primary job of a Top 6 forward is to score. McDavid is Top 10ish in PP points so far this year. Many said that this improvement from last season would lead him to a much bigger gap between him and the rest of the league because he is the dominant ES scorer.

So far he is about where he has been since 16/17 in terms of points and PPG, relative to the field. As I expected, his ES scoring is not as great as last year, he is T2nd in ES points, as his PP scoring has increased.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Your refusal to answer obviously indicates you agree with the notion Crosby can only lay claim to best player in 2 of his NHL seasons.

Crosby won two Art Rosses and two Harts. I have answered your question. Now it's Snipes and your turn.

McDavid is on pace to not win the Art Ross by 15 points. Why should he be viewed as the best player if he doesn't have the most points?

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017

Not to mention significantly better line mates and defensemen, both of which tend to contribute to higher point totals and scoring efficiency.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Gaudreau slowly making a case for himself. A goal and an assist tonight to give him 69 pts (27 goals & 42 assists) and 2nd place in the scoring race.

Reactions: TopCheese

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
As much as I would love to see Rantanen or MacK win it, I do believe it belongs to McDavid. The Oilers would be the worst team in the league without McDavid in my
opinion and he is carrying the team on his back. With the struggles of the Avs and Ducks, the Oilers have a shot. If they somehow make it, McDavid should absolutely be the winner.

A dark horse,should the Canes make the playoffs, would be Aho.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
This site continues to be a laughing stock when it comes to hockey knowledge. The Hart trophy has been won ONCE by a a player on a non playoff team and that was a crazy season by Lemieux and yet McDavid has the most votes. Never change HF, never change. :laugh::laugh:

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
McDavid wins if the Oilers make the playoffs (which they won't). Otherwise, he will finish 5th again. I agree that the Oilers would be the worst team in the league without him, but missing the playoffs by less than you otherwise would is not a compelling case for the voters. I agree with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad