Hal Gill tried to to settle down Subban - "He never listened to me and good for him"

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Perhaps you can find just ONE example of what you're talking about?

Because to me, it seems like everyone else can't keep his name out of their mouths

He has constantly brought up things like "I still don't know why I was traded" and just in general acting bitter about the trade. If he had just made comments such as "I guess the Habs felt it was time to move on, so I will too" when asked about the trade then this media circus surrounding him would not be happening. I have a feeling he will be gloating a lot about it if the Preds win the cup, he's just that kind of person.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Pretty amazing how much PK Subban just being himself, bothers so many people in hockey.

You always got people trying to change him

Wonder why...

Evander Kane beat to his own drummer in Winnipeg, and the Winnipeg social media jumped on him. Only difference is PK is a great person and Evander Kane is trash.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Pretty amazing how much PK Subban just being himself, bothers so many people in hockey.

Wonder why...

Hockey frowns on anyone have a personality or being anything else but a robot.

Which is why Hockey always has a problem marketing the game and drawing in casual viewers. Leading those hardcore Hockey marks to become envious of other sports.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Hal Gill played with Subban 5 years ago.

PK has mature a lot since.

At that time he was a trash talker and made some dirty plays. (slewfoot)

He has change a lot since.

His PIM are way down.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
He has constantly brought up things like "I still don't know why I was traded" and just in general acting bitter about the trade. If he had just made comments such as "I guess the Habs felt it was time to move on, so I will too" when asked about the trade then this media circus surrounding him would not be happening. I have a feeling he will be gloating a lot about it if the Preds win the cup, he's just that kind of person.

People ask him questions and he answers.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Hal Gill is a PK fan. He even "defended" him when Milbury made those ridiculous comments:

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
I get these posts are just to bait stupid pointless hate discussions. I have no issue with unorthodox player behaviour. I just don't like over the top childish dramatics on the ice so he always bothered me. Probably my most disliked player.

Aside from that he's still a great hockey player and I'd be happy to have him on the team I cheer for. I'd still hate his dramatics though, just calm down and shut your face Subban lol

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Canadian media is the worst media ever.

It's funny how they worship grit-based personalities like Chris Neil, but hate on flashy-based personalities like Subban/Hall.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I feel like I'm living in crazy land. I don't find anything wrong with Subban on or off the ice. I don't get it.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Anything to defend the trade from Montréal's point of view, trying to make it look like they had to do it. No, They did not.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Was a compliment in the end. He saw this young kid just coming into the NHL willing to talk the talk, and in the end he realised Subban can walk the walk too.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
why is the Toronto media always cramming leafs and have down the rest of Canada. yeesh.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Wonder why...

Because he's shamelessly arrogant and self promoting?

He comes across like he probably is. So overly impressed with himself that it's probably real hard to take as a teammate. Finds himself a whole lot more interesting and entertaining than he is. A real whole lot more.

Wonder why so many people feel compelled to question the motives of anyone who doesn't think PK is so wonderful? LOL

I'll answer that. Smug self righteousness, fake moral superiority and virtue signaling.

Last edited:

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Because he's shamelessly arrogant and self promoting?

He comes across like he probably is. So overly impressed with himself that it's probably real hard to take as a teammate. Finds himself a whole lot more interesting and entertaining than he is. A real whole lot more.

Wonder why so many people feel compelled to question the motives of anyone who doesn't think PK is so wonderful? LOL

I'll answer that. Smug self righteousness, fake moral superiority and virtue signaling.
not enough facepalms in the world :shakehead

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Hmm...The interview seemed positive about Subban's attitude. Some people here are jumping the gun a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad