OT: Haitian radio stations

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Hey guys this might seem like an odd request but tomorrow morning I have to drive two very talkative and very annoying elderly Haitian ladies all the way to Toronto, which is a 5 hour drive from Montreal. Those two ladies, you have no idea, they talk so much nonstop that they would make the Dalai Lama throw chairs at windows in frustration. I mean, I tell you, every time we're going to be stopped at a red light they're going to look at such and such cute girl on the sidewalk and ask me if I think she's hot. Both these women are over 80 years old, by the way.

I was thinking that maybe if I put some Haitian creole radio on, they might listen to that and shut up, and I might be able to at least pretend like I'm concentrating on the road. Problem is I don't really know any radio station short of ckoi and rhytme fm. Anyone knows what frequency the Haitian stuff is on?

Thanks

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Oh oh là mon ché, mete radyo sou 1410 AM.

CPAM_AM.png

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
The station will likely die out as soon as you leave the west end... So there you have 6 hours of not having an haitian radio station,.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
The station will likely die out as soon as you leave the west end... So there you have 6 hours of not having an haitian radio station,.

Didn't think of that. I can usually get Montreal's radio stations when I'm in vermont though

I don't know much about radio though I usually just play CDs in the car instead of radio

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I suck at tech, whatever, internet access. Maybe an iPhone then?

Didn't mean to come across as a know-it-all dick :laugh:

Yes, a smartphone with access to TuneIn Radio app will do, be it an iPhone, Android, Windows Phone or BlackBerry. A 3G tablet too.

Good luck Masao.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I dunno must you might only 30 minutes of peace. I can't imagine their signal to be very strong to last until you hit Cornwall. And Cornwall is still pretty close to Montreal.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Well i'm leaving now. May god have mercy on my sinful soul

Screw the Latin music, just play lullabies. These ladies are over 80 and will be napping by the time you hit the Ontario border.

Drive carefully and resist the temptation to go 150kph.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
1610 AM

la radio tropicale de montreal

but idk if youll be able to catch all the way to toronto

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Tell them something like the KKK was just a community service group that was misunderstood, or that Papa Doc and Baby Doc were the greatest thing that ever happened to Haiti ... then they will get so mad they won't talk to you.

If too extreme, just be polite and listen to them.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
So just because they're Haitian you think they like Haitian radio?

I doubt they're going to like Chinese radio.

Based on the time op left, he's either safely in Toronto or in handcuffs somewhere on the side of the 401.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
I'm back home. I never want to see a motorized vehicle again. I hate driving long distances. Ugh.

Screw the Latin music, just play lullabies. These ladies are over 80 and will be napping by the time you hit the Ontario border.

Drive carefully and resist the temptation to go 150kph.

lol normally i don't drive fast but I have to admit I got up to 130 once or twice.

I ended up not needing the haitian station since one of the ladies had her granddaughter with her and so they ended up talking mostly to each other. Thanks for the help anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad