Proposal: Hagg for Colin Miller?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Holden was the player they lacked confidence in, and putting him in for one game sounds more like an attempt to jump start the team by putting in the less talented but more physical player for a few shifts on the 3rd D-pair.
It’s not mutually exclusive. And coaches simply aren’t healthy scratching for a playoff game anyone they think is a good NHL defenseman.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Vegas has cap issues. How about Hagg for Colin Miler who they benched at time during the playoffs. C. Miller has really good advanced stats, is RHD and is signed for 3 more years at 3.9m.

Provorov - Myers
Sanheim - Gudas
Ghost - C. Miller
Morin

Vegas responds with Hagg and Rubesov and a 2 ;). Hagg isn't enough alone but can be makings of trade for sure.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Vegas isn't going to trade Miller you clowns.

I was going over their cap recently and I kinda disagree with this. They're in a bind right now with Karlsson, and I think his emergence as their first "star" player kind of obligates them to keep him around and pay him. There really isn't a lot of wiggle-room for them or other less-important guys with inflated contracts to move. Miller is probably the most logical first choice if you're trying to continue icing a competitive NHL team.

It's all very McPhee, really. At first it looked kinda brilliant, and then two years later you have Stone, Schmidt, Theodore, Stastny, Pacioretty, and Fleury collectively gobbling more than half of your available cap space. Good-to-great players, no doubt, but no spring chickens or eye-popping star talents there (Stone maybe) and no real replacement plan coming up.

We heard a lot about Vegas's "whole new second line!" in the playoffs and how great it was that they added an entire top 6 unit in the course of a year...that line costs $23 million, has an average age of 30, and the team finished worse than it did the year before.

Luke Schenn is still getting chances in this league. Hagg will too.

And yeah, this to a thousand. Del Zotto still has NHL contracts, Manning got signed...

Not saying I'm interested in Miller by the way. The Flyers already have a better offensive defenseman and there's rumblings they could move him. Rather than helping Vegas's cap situation, I'd rather just hang onto Ghost.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I was going over their cap recently and I kinda disagree with this. They're in a bind right now with Karlsson, and I think his emergence as their first "star" player kind of obligates them to keep him around and pay him. There really isn't a lot of wiggle-room for them or other less-important guys with inflated contracts to move. Miller is probably the most logical first choice if you're trying to continue icing a competitive NHL team.

It's all very McPhee, really. At first it looked kinda brilliant, and then two years later you have Stone, Schmidt, Theodore, Stastny, Pacioretty, and Fleury collectively gobbling more than half of your available cap space. Good-to-great players, no doubt, but no spring chickens or eye-popping star talents there (Stone maybe) and no real replacement plan coming up.

We heard a lot about Vegas's "whole new second line!" in the playoffs and how great it was that they added an entire top 6 unit in the course of a year...that line costs $23 million, has an average age of 30, and the team finished worse than it did the year before.

And yeah, this to a thousand. Del Zotto still has NHL contracts, Manning got signed...

Not saying I'm interested in Miller by the way. The Flyers already have a better offensive defenseman and there's rumblings they could move him. Rather than helping Vegas's cap situation, I'd rather just hang onto Ghost.
I think Vegas would like to trade Miller. That’s an example of a bad contract relying too much on stats in a vacuum, IMO.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think his contract is OK, but they have cap issues, and he seems to have fallen out of favor there.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Miller is pretty darn good... I mean, I doubt they move him for Hagg. But ofc I would like that trade.

If they want a 3rd pairing righty though Tim Heed is a UFA and while a "limited" player is pretty good at what he does if a #6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad