OT: Had the most bizarre dream last night...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I had the most bizarre dream over the weekend. I don’t know what to make of it.

We all know the holes in our team-- they are many. And we have basically had the same holes for years – with Snow and Wang apparently not caring about it. “Too much money to spendâ€, “Team is being soldâ€, “Cheapo Wang strikes againâ€, “Snow sucksâ€

But here is where it gets weird.

The season was about to start, and the Isles, MADE HUGE MOVES TO IMPROVE THE TEAM.

First off – We replaced all of our goalies with guys who can play and who aren’t old or incredibly young. It was fantastic.

Then --- we added depth! I mean, we added some names who can play, have been somewhat successful, and whose names don’t end in “Comrie†or “Holikâ€

The entire fanbase was giddy. We couldn’t control ourselves. Posts were going up on the board quicker than you could keep track. Bway Jay’s Corsi machine was overheating with glee.

And just when you’d think things were calming down --- the dream got even more surreal.

We got TWO defensemen. No – NOT Martinek and a 19 year old from Bridgeport, rather two established HEALTHY, PROVEN, NHL CUP WINNING DEFENSEMEN.

Guys--- I woke up in a cold sweat, crying and laughing with emotion.

Too bad it was just a dream

Or was it?

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA

We all know the holes in our team-- they are many. And we have basically had the same holes for years – with Snow and Wang apparently not caring about it. “Too much money to spend”, “Team is being sold”, “Cheapo Wang strikes again”, “Snow sucks”

The season was about to start, and the Isles, MADE HUGE MOVES TO IMPROVE THE TEAM.

First off – We replaced all of our goalies with guys who can play and who aren’t old or incredibly young. It was fantastic.

Then --- we added depth! I mean, we added some names who can play, have been somewhat successful, and whose names don’t end in “Comrie” or “Holik”

The entire fanbase was giddy. We couldn’t control ourselves. Posts were going up on the board quicker than you could keep track. Bway Jay’s Corsi machine was overheating with glee.

And just when you’d think things were calming down --- the dream got even more surreal.

We got TWO defensemen. No – NOT Martinek and a 19 year old from Bridgeport, rather two established HEALTHY, PROVEN, NHL CUP WINNING DEFENSEMEN.

Or was it?

I'll have whatever he's having. What are the chances THAT could happen to the Isles.... :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

We all know the holes in our team-- they are many. And we have basically had the same holes for years – with Snow and Wang apparently not caring about it. “Too much money to spendâ€, “Team is being soldâ€, “Cheapo Wang strikes againâ€, “Snow sucksâ€

Then --- we added depth! I mean, we added some names who can play, have been somewhat successful, and whose names don’t end in “Comrie†or “Holikâ€

Or was it?

I think you've been hitting the bottle too much lately. That kind of stuff never happens to the Isles.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Holy cup run Batman!!!!
I had almost the same dream except
Jennifer Love Hewitt was in mine.

giddy up*

Or was it?

Hah. I think you took too much NyQuil.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Or was it?

LOL-and then Flintstone popped his head out of the shower and said you were dreaming

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island

Or was it?

Not dream buddy!...not a dream!

Unfortunately, I had a dream featuring Madonna the other night and not 1988 Madonna but 2014. Yikes. I blame it on bad tequila. Thank god that WAS a dream.
Like you, I woke up in a cold sweat, crying but hardly laughing.

BroadwayJay*

Or was it?

I just read this and, I'm sorry to say but you were dreaming.

Here in real life, Radek Martinek was signed to a one-way and Jon Sim's rights were acquired for two second round picks. Sim will be playing on Tavares' wing and Martinek will be in the top pairing with the recently re-acquired Andrew MacDonald (who was traded for our 2016 1st).

Anders Nilsson was traded to Chicago for Sanders Milsson, who is six inches shorter and had an .813 save percentage for AHL Rockford. He'll be the new starting goaltender.

We did get one big name though, Joe Finley was re-acquired to be our new top-4 guy and it only cost us Ville Pokka!

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
I just read this and, I'm sorry to say but you were dreaming.

Here in real life, Radek Martinek was signed to a one-way and Jon Sim's rights were acquired for two second round picks. Sim will be playing on Tavares' wing and Martinek will be in the top pairing with the recently re-acquired Andrew MacDonald (who was traded for our 2016 1st).

Anders Nilsson was traded to Chicago for Sanders Milsson, who is six inches shorter and had an .813 save percentage for AHL Rockford. He'll be the new starting goaltender.

We did get one big name though, Joe Finley was re-acquired to be our new top-4 guy and it only cost us Ville Pokka!

Don't even joke about something like that...... :phew:

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
Okay guys now I had an actual dream and I nearly screamed in my bed when I woke up. I imagined that we flipped Boychuk and Leddy for Ovechkin..... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad