Player Discussion Had Pettersson Regressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Saying it's a mans game and you need MEN to win is considered offensive nowadays especially in a market like Vancouver. No offence

Saying men is one thing, saying Pettersson is a f-ck boy toy is a complete other.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
just give him 60 more games because he missed a lot of hockey right? He's been so bad that him missing 30 games last season and trainning camp this season isnt even a viable excuse. its more like he took 10 months off of hockey and didnt train during the offseason then this just being "rust"

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
The seasons over for us so let’s see if Pettersson can get back to his old self in the 2nd half of the season. If he can’t and he finishes the year playing this bad… do you shop him? If he plays next year like this he holds no value at least right now a team may think he can turn it around and it was just a bad season. There’s a risk we’re taking either way.

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
No motivation needed. The only motivation is the pipeline going through Burnaby. And it’s almost done. Hockey is only an escape from work reality. Canucks and Bambi (Petey) are a depressant. f*** these guys. Get some men on the team, who cares about New aged f*** boy toys.

I see weak trolls are still active on here.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
His play, his on ice demeanor and his meeting with FAqua have to be related in some way I would think.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
How did this happen? Can't win a single battle, he's soft as hell, doesn't move his God damned feet. Two years ago we were comparing him to Datsyuk. It's unbelievable just how bad he's been. To give Green some credit, he deserves to have his minutes slashed the way they have. Just a complete liability out there. We need him to figure this out.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Interesting thing is I keep seeing people say it's 2 years/seasons, but the bubble was only 13 months ago. He's really only been bad for the Calder year of a season so I don't think all hope for a bounce back is lost.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
seeing him struggle like this is beyond my comprehension. I dont believe he is dogging it, he's obviously suffering on the ice. I believe there are markets where a young guy can get away with struggling like this. Places like Mtl, Tor, Van, NyR, Bos etc are not one of those places unfortunately. Sometimes a young person is gifted with incredible physical tools, but not as gifted with mental fortitude. When faced with adversity, when he believes his season is doomed, his game is not coming along, his locker room in disarray, their game spirals along a maelstrom along with the ship. Thats when leadership comes in, thats when a revered coach can right the ship, a respected captain can calm his nerves. its not there in Van, Bo is good, but he is more a mature skill guy to lead the way on the ice type. EP has to slowly dig his way out of this one, his confidence is shot, he needs to get to dirty areas and have a few lucky bounces off his forehead. I see a guy like Kaako, Farabee etc going through similar struggles. Trading him is the last thing you do. he did not fluke his way to the first 2 seasons, that was a healthy room he was thriving in. This one is currently a sinking ship waiting to see who their new management team will be, all the while under the glaring attention from the local rabid media.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Benning and Green are going to tank his value so hard that no one will even take him on waivers by next season.
He is tanking his value by being a soft little bitch. Why is the title of this thread “has Elias regressed?” I think everyone already knows the answer.

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
petterson cant do anything about his frame. dont hate on him for it but i agree its an important factor to be strong in the nhl but youll get met with replies saying you want gudbransons lol. look at hoglander hes perfect. hes small but hes super strong yet agile and skilled. this is the type of player we need as our number 1s

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
They should start using Pettersson on the pk. Get him to focus on the defensive side first. In his rookie season he looked like a Pavel Datsyuk style player, excellent on defense while still piling up points.

Maybe just focusing on battles will help break him out of the funk he's in. Maybe a couple shortys will rekindle that side of his game.

Or maybe he'll block a shot and blow up his ankle and we'll be back at square one.

Reactions: Nomobo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad