Proposal: #habsdeals (California Edition)

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I think we can agree that the prospect of 82 games having both dwight king and trevor lewis both on the team again is not ideal (sucks) for that purpose of people going cold/injured in top 6. if he's not gone by end of camp I have high hopes for deadline lol.

Matt i know your relatively new to hf but i have been leading the trade dwight king camp for years now. I however refuse to believe he doesn't have value. The kings got a 2nd for linden vey King imo has more value then him. I normally ask a 2nd and 3rd from different years and a warm body for the ahl. He is a young former 15 goal scorer on a cheap contract who has 2 stanley cups. I think that has value. I would be ok with the 2nd but hes a coaches fav so i think he would only be traded for more then that

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I included Simmonds because I think he was moved due to having others in that "box" in the system at the time and was the addition to B. Schenn not main piece.

I don't agree with Weal and Zykov. I think they were both the best the kings had to add when it came to prospects to offer. fasching may not be top tier but I still think he'll be an impact NHL player. (probably more so than Zykov or Weal)

I think the main reason simmonds got added to the trade was the him partying with drew and management wanted that to stop.

Weal couldn't get into the lineup He was far to small He hasn't done anything since leaving either Imo if he was top tier as you say he would at least be playing in the nhl Also i don't call a 3rd round pick top tier sorry

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
Matt i know your relatively new to hf but i have been leading the trade dwight king camp for years now. I however refuse to believe he doesn't have value. The kings got a 2nd for linden vey King imo has more value then him. I normally ask a 2nd and 3rd from different years and a warm body for the ahl. He is a young former 15 goal scorer on a cheap contract who has 2 stanley cups. I think that has value. I would be ok with the 2nd but hes a coaches fav so i think he would only be traded for more then that

i agree and think he does have the value you see as well. like the Vey comparison but he was a center. King may have the grin but you can't sell him as the second coming of Jarret Stoll and get that extra return. I just wish Pearson loved the farm as much as King.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
King is a pending UFA this year though. I think a 2nd at this point is more than fair.

He is a coaches favourite. He gets moved to the top 6 more then he plays bottom 6. He plays a 200 foot game He would also give your team some much needed size as montreal forwards are mostly small. To me that's worth more then a late 2nd which will be from 55 -62 ish

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
i agree and think he does have the value you see as well. like the Vey comparison but he was a center. King may have the grin but you can't sell him as the second coming of Jarret Stoll and get that extra return. I just wish Pearson loved the farm as much as King.

Vey also couldn't hold his spot in the nhl I think a playing winger holds more value then a center that can't get into the lineup but maybe i might be wrong.King would give the habs some size which is badly needed in the forwards imo that has value

I also have that same wish about pearson and the farm :laugh: Altho i think /hope with gaborik playing well in the world tourny and pearson set for a breakout year imo King may stay in the bottom six at least that my hope but the odds of gaborik being healthy all year is slim sadly

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Trading Ghetto for a 3rd is like one of those deals you do in EA NHL because you just want to stockpile picks and you can bend over other AI GMs to get better players. It doesn't make sense to trade Ghetto for just a 3rd when he could very well be playing for our 2nd-line LW spot, and at the very least is pretty much locked to be in our top-9 to start the season barring insane camps from Hudon and/or Lehkonen.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
As you can see from my lineup above, I already waived Matteau... so both.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov
King - Desharnais - Andrighetto
Carr - Danault - Mitchell
(Byron, Lehkonen)

if we waive desharnais maybe someone will take him.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
:kings
W Dwight King (1.9M, 1yr - UFA)

:habs
2017 Washington 2nd rd. pick
C Daniel Audette (ELC)
Conditional 2018 3rd rd. pick

So that's an upgrade from the 2018 pick proposed before plus a decent prospect (20yo, PPG+ 3yrs straight in CHL). The 2018 3rd would be given if we resigned King and he wasn't claimed in expansion.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

C Daniel Audette (ELC)

So that's an upgrade from the 2018 pick proposed before plus a decent prospect (20yo, PPG+ 3yrs straight in CHL). The 2018 3rd would be given if we resigned King and he wasn't claimed in expansion.

That seems more than fair, although LA is probably the last place a little fella like Audette would succeed.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Actually, organization are happy when a 3rd round pick turns into a good player like Andrighetto... so why would we trade him for another 3rd round pick who will become a coin flip... we already won the coin flip by picking Andrighetto in the 3rd round.

I hope he'll have a real shot on the top6 this season...

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Actually, organization are happy when a 3rd round pick turns into a good player like Andrighetto... so why would we trade him for another 3rd round pick who will become a coin flip... we already won the coin flip by picking Andrighetto in the 3rd round.

I hope he'll have a real shot on the top6 this season...

Yes, I changed my mind on that one. I really like the idea of adding King, from there we can try to trade or waive Flynn. There would be tons of competition in the bottom-6 and even the 2nd line LW, which is a good thing. That also means depth.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov
King - Desharnais - Andrighetto
Carr - Danault - Mitchell
(Lehkonen, Byron)

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

C Daniel Audette (ELC)

hmm i would be ok with a conditional 3rd based on resigning. However i would like to switch Audette for michael McNiven. The kings need a goalie prospect Audette is to small to ever get a fair shot in la

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Not sure why the Habs should trade for Dwight King. Daniel Carr is a better goal scorer and should complete a good 3rd line. If they were injuries in the season ok, but right now I think it's not a need. We also got a couple of NHL ready top 9 forwards waiting for an occasion (Lehkonen, Hudon, Reway, McCarron).

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Not sure why the Habs should trade for Dwight King. Daniel Carr is a better goal scorer and should complete a good 3rd line. If they were injuries in the season ok, but right now I think it's not a need. We also got a couple of NHL ready top 9 forwards waiting for an occasion (Lehkonen, Hudon, Reway, McCarron).

The Habs forward group is minuscule, especially the bottom-6, especially since McCarron is not ready (he's not, at all, and that's okay). I like Carr too, but he's only played half a year so far, why book everything on him and other young players who are fine starting out in the AHL. There WILL be injuries, why not add a player that can help us? Good contract, has the size we need (although not an overly aggressive), tons of playoff experience for a player his age, and decent hands. Perfect situation really.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Why shhh? We're not actually negotiating anything, we're talking hockey.

lol id like to see the day bergevin is offering one of those seconds he got . he only gave two for shaw because he got two better ones for eller. shhh dont tell him.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Sweet! I'd like to have Amadio too but I doubt that would happen.

Problem with Amadio is he is one of the few Kings prospects with offensive upside right now, Lombardi dug himself a hole trading prospects for rentals and now the cupboard is just about dry, so we are in desperate need of prospects like Amadio.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I think you'd be happy to find out that high end kings prospects like him are just the add lombardi loves to give as additions for rentals. don't stop believing.

weal, zykov, fasching, simmonds etc.

What are you talking about. Simmonds was in the Richards deal and Fasching was in the McNabb deal no rentals at all. If your going to be critical at least be accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad