Pre-Game Talk: #HabsAvs (19/12/2018 ; 8:30 PM ET ; SN, SN360, ALT, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Can you imagine this group of unforced errors trying to contain the Mackinnon line?

I am going to watch to see how badly we get smoked

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Habs win 4-3 .. Honorable mentions to bad goaltending from avs tender and domi drouin byron line fighting the top line of the avs!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If the Avs forecheck us and are in our face it could look ugly. If they try to finesse us we may stand a chance.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

hU4RB88.gif

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs win 4-3 .. Honorable mentions to bad goaltending from avs tender and domi drouin byron line fighting the top line of the avs!
I hope you are right since Domi and Drouin have been mia the past three games

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

It's a road game. The avs top line will mostly play against Kok/Shaw, the 4th line and Benn/Schlemko. Unless they take a day off like the Bruins top line did earlier this season we better score 6 goals to win.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If the Avs forecheck us and are in our face it could look ugly. If they try to finesse us we may stand a chance.
It's almost guaranteed. I still have no real desire to see Kulak play with Weber.

Who gets the altitude bug? Petry? Kotka?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The habs will throw everything they have at the Avalanche after such a poor showing against Boston. Look for a big game from Gallagher tomorrow and probably a win for the team. Montreal 4 - Colorado 2.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think the Habs have lost 2 regulation games in a row once all year. Maybe twice?

I expect a much better effort, coming off a poor one. We saw how Boston looked after back to back losses, and this club also seems to get results after a bad outing.

I don't know if that will be enough against Colorado, and the altitude, but the team should be better.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I think the Habs have lost 2 regulation games in a row once all year. Maybe twice?

I expect a much better effort, coming off a poor one. We saw how Boston looked after back to back losses, and this club also seems to get results after a bad outing.

I don't know if that will be enough against Colorado, and the altitude, but the team should be better.

One thing is guaranteed: if they aren't better, it won't be a 4-0 game

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

When I first read that I saw attitude.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah.... I really don't get this. Danault has a couple of nice assists recently, but he has the talent and impact of a 3rd line C.
I don't even mind a loss. Watching MacKinnon and Rantanen will be a treat.

I think you answered your own question: Julien will try to match the Danault line against McKinnon, and he wants Danault and Gallagher on it. Although I suppose he could match Lehkonen Danault Shaw/Armia against the opposition's top lines.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I think you answered your own question: Julien will try to match the Danault line against McKinnon, and he wants Danault and Gallagher on it. Although I suppose he could match Lehkonen Danault Shaw/Armia against the opposition's top lines.
It was more of a statement than a question. Danault looks weak and distracted this season, not remotely close to what a top-six C should be. Yes, he made a couple of nifty passes recently that both resulted in goals, plus he's our only solid faceoff guy. But those are baseline qualifications for a 3C. He's just not strong or talented enough to be playing in a top line role facing MacKinnon.

And to answer the obvious question, no, we don't have another top-line C who could replace him, aside from Domi. For me, that's a reality check for how far behind the pack the Habs are in center skill.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It was more of a statement than a question. Danault looks weak and distracted this season, not remotely close to what a top-six C should be. Yes, he made a couple of nifty passes recently that both resulted in goals, plus he's our only solid faceoff guy. But those are baseline qualifications for a 3C. He's just not strong or talented enough to be playing in a top line role facing MacKinnon.

And to answer the obvious question, no, we don't have another top-line C who could replace him, aside from Domi. For me, that's a reality check for how far behind the pack the Habs are in center skill.

I don't find Danault a solid faceoff guy actually. When I check his stats he wins just over 50% of his draws. The problem for me is he is winning the wrong 50%. :sarcasm: Not a great year for Danault so far.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Give Niemi this game. See if the backup can steal the game. Hopefully Price can take Arizona. But Price hasn’t been great his last couple starts against the Coyotes so it’s badically flip a coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad