Post-Game Talk: Habs with a touchdown against the Elks. 6-2 matinee win.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Screenshot_20230212-155248.png

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Weird how Byron still combs the hair, puts on the suit and hangs but Price and Weber are probably somewhere in BC hunting turkeys...:huh:

Thinking Weber and Price and their 15-16 years in the league earned their stripes......not to mention we all know they are done....no big deal really. Price would be in a pain management mode, and trying to fight addicition while playing with his kids.......
Forgot to mention, Weber is the property of Vegas now also....

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Anderson ↑
Harris ↑
Allen ↑
Drouin ↑

Trade pieces' stock going up. Wonder what kind of magic Hugo can pull off

Didn’t somebody say Drouin has like 8 points in his last dozen games? Hoffman has a similar PPG pace also in a similar span? Hughes needs to be working that phone. Dadonov has also stepped up recently.

Who am I kidding? All three will be on the roster after March 3rd…

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Thinking Weber and Price and their 15-16 years in the league earned their stripes......not to mention we all know they are done....no big deal really. Price would be in a pain management mode, and trying to fight addicition while playing with his kids.......
Forgot to mention, Weber is the property of Vegas now also....

Byron is also from Ottawa, I think, whereas price and weber are bc guys.

Byron just happens to be close to home.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I wouldn't worry too much. The past two games haven't been against the teams that make our schedule "difficult". Hopefully the decent numbers of the guys want to trade will allow us to actually trade them.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That’s pretty much where Suzuki and Caufield were picked.

Sergachev was 9th.

Bedard would be awesome, but there are good players available later. Just got take the right ones.

It's not always easy to pick out the good players later inbthe draft.

Gorton picked Kravtsov #9 when Dobson was still on the board. That year Dahlin were clear #1 and #2. You couldn't go wrong if you got one of those top two picks.

As it turned out we went wrong picking KK over Tkachuk. But if we had the 1st or 2nd pick, that wouldn't have been a problem. Now you could say Gorton is the one who picked Lafreniere and Kakko. I would just sayin response, yes some years the clear cut number 1 and 2's don't pan out. But that is far less often the case than picks 9 to 16...

Reactions: sandviper

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
So f***ing sad for Xhekaj! **** :(

Hope that if he needs shouldersurgery, get him the surgery and not wait like caufield. Get him full healthy for next season.

I wasn’t on board for that, but we better go and sign Lucic. I don’t f***ing care. We need somebody who can handle the day to dat fighting instead of a 22 years old with actual skills. HuGo better get their heads out of their asses and adress that.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Didn’t somebody say Drouin has like 8 points in his last dozen games? Hoffman has a similar PPG pace also in a similar span? Hughes needs to be working that phone. Dadonov has also stepped up recently.

Who am I kidding? All three will be on the roster after March 3rd…
yep. and if not, we're only getting something like a 4th round pick for retaining 50% of their salaries.

The best thing about Drouin, Hoffman, and Dadonov is they've been, on the whole, great for the tank this year. RHP, Belzile, and Ylonen, on the whole, seem to contribute more than them, and thus are worse for the tank.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
So f***ing sad for Xhekaj! **** :(

Hope that if he needs shouldersurgery, get him the surgery and not wait like caufield. Get him full healthy for next season.

I wasn’t on board for that, but we better go and sign Lucic. I don’t f***ing care. We need somebody who can handle the day to dat fighting instead of a 22 years old with actual skills.

I think Reaves is also a UFA. I know it sounds counter productive getting a slug taking a roster spot on the 4th line, but we aren’t competing next year and we need someone other than Xhekaj fighting all the time.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'm team tank but again I have to say it. When you win games because of your U25 players you can't really be upset.

Dach I'd looking great, Suzuki is getting some points on the board, Harris with two goals. And maybe we can get something for Hoffman now that he looks decent again.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Buffalo and Edmonton have shown that the way to Stanley Cup success it to really suck for 5 straight years.
You can add the Leafs, they made the playoffs once in 11 years before they got Matthews...and have been jettisoned in the 1st round since...

It seems that the only way superstars manage to win the cup is if they take a huge salary discount or are still on their ELC...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This weekend has really not go the way that I thought it would be.......

But hey, have to see it on the bright side. There's 8 games left before TDL and it was now or never for some of our TDL trade bait, as bad as they are, to try to help the team trading them away.

Drouin has 9 points in his last 11 games
Hoffman has 11 points in his last 14 games
Dadonov has 6 points in his last 9 games

That could only help Hughes......8 games left!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad