Post-Game Talk: Habs win. Spider-Man No Way Home.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Anyone notice the lack of structure that led to the Flyers's first goal of the game? Here it is in slo-mo:

uwaOl3t.gif

Jeff Petry coughed up the puck just inside the tip of the left circle, close to the slot area. His lack of structure allowed the Flyers to gain possession which led to the pass that ended up on the stick that scored.

Here's the collapsing structure from a different angle:

That's right, Jeff Petry. You're an idiot.

This message is approved by John Lu and TSN getting all the angles covered!!!
Nathan............take the garbage out!!

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Caufield had a good game. He keeps shooting like that and simplifying his game the goals will come.

A few of Montreals forwards need to simplify their games, too many fancy drop passes, shoot the puck. Hoffman was guilty as was Dauphin.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Petry can't be the main guy , it always turns out bad. When he's on the 2nd pair and is partially shielded is where he shines.
I hear all of these reasons but no way that takes him from a 40 point guy to a guy who can't assist on a goal or make basic defensive plays.

Reactions: Rapala

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I hear all of these reasons but no way that takes him from a 40 point guy to a guy who can't assist on a goal or make basic defensive plays.
Maybe the same reason for the rest of the team this year, they're not supporting each other, they don't trust that there will be someone to back them up because there hasn't been someone to back them up, messes with the head.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

His confidence is shot and the team is in shambles we have 7 wins in 30+ games.

Makes sense to me.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If Caufield keeps shooting like that ,he will Never score another goal. Jr B goalies would save his limp shots,
It's weird because every time he shot the puck last season it seemed accurate and he always gave the goalies trouble, I expected him to score because he looked like a threat every time he had the puck on his stick. What we are seeing this year is nothing like that, even his shootout attempt looked bad, his shot was two feet over the net. I believe that he needs to take a step back, the AHL is the only option.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

This is the thing that doesn't compute. The only reason he isn't on the first wave of the PP is because his O game has dropped to zero. I know he f***ed up his hand in the post season but WTF happened to his legs and his stamina?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's weird because every time he shot the puck last season it seemed accurate and he always gave the goalies trouble, I expected him to score because he looked like a threat every time he had the puck on his stick. What we are seeing this year is nothing like that, even his shootout attempt looked bad, his shot was two feet over the net. I believe that he needs to take a step back, the AHL is the only option.

We are definitely not seeing the same release on his wrist shot. I counted many pucks going end over end instead of the laser beam trajectory we are used to.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad