Post-Game Talk: HAbs win in overtime 2-1

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs played an entire 60+ 2 minutes of great hockey.
They skated into the Chicago zone with puck possession, won most battles. Best Habs game of the year.
Crawford made the save of the year on Eller, a must see.
Not one Hab played badly.
Thanks, I just saw the hilights, Eller missed that one, wow...I wonder if he had scored, what would have happened in the 3rd, we usually choke 2 goal leads?

Hopefully this gives them some confidence going forward!!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
whJ1uCs.png

That looks like Michael Jackson on D, not Markov!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Someone pinch me and dry my tears. Please.

That statement (In dreams I meet you in warm conversation, we both wake in lonely beds in different cities.) would be even stronger if you contrasted it as so:

In dreams I meet you in warm conversation, we both wake in cold, lonely beds in different cities.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
That statement (In dreams I meet you in warm conversation, we both wake in lonely beds in different cities.) would be even stronger if you contrasted it as so:

In dreams I meet you in warm conversation, we both wake in cold, lonely beds in different cities.

wtf.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Thanks, I just saw the hilights, Eller missed that one, wow...I wonder if he had scored, what would have happened in the 3rd, we usually choke 2 goal leads?

Hopefully this gives them some confidence going forward!!

That's a good point, if we had a 2-goal lead we would have completely shut down and tried to play a defensive game, and we would have never been able to keep Chicago at bay. The only way to play that team is with intense forechecking and non-stop offense, you have to beat them at their own game.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Boston is nowhere near as good as you say they are. The year they won the cup, we brought them to 7 games and if anything, they were the lucky ones (won all 3 OTs). Three of their 4 series ended in 7 games. They aren't the same team but they didn't get significantly better. I think we are better though.

The blues and kings would really destroy us. And we could give Chicago a fight but probably would not beat them.

Boston ? I don't know why people glorify them so much. They are not that good.

They've won the cup and been to the cup finals and looked to be going to game seven before giving up two quick goals....

Can you name the last time the Habs were in that kind of position?

So yes they are that good. And the Habs are not.... Their team is built for the playoffs. Our team is not.... One must only look at the results.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Clean team my butt. It's this silly notion that somehow skilled people are nice that I laugh about every time. Brandon Bollig crunched Drew Doughty into the boards recently, and Mr. Duncan Keith has a suspension on his record for taking out another skilled player in Daniel Sedin. The Blackhawks can be a brutal team when they want to be, and and dish it out, even to Boston. When people thought the Blackhawks were trying to play the Bruins' game, they weren't. The Blackhawks are an alpha male team, they'll throw their weight around and they come out on top when they do it...
Yes they can but with Parros, Murray, Moen, Prust in the lineup they decided not to retaliate against the Habs throwing most of the checks last night. Bollig was going after Emelin but Parros shut him down real quick.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
They've won the cup and been to the cup finals and looked to be going to game seven before giving up two quick goals....

Can you name the last time the Habs were in that kind of position?

So yes they are that good. And the Habs are not.... Their team is built for the playoffs. Our team is not.... One must only look at the results.

Yet it took a game 7 OT to get by the Habs that year. 1 Goal.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The difference between the Habs and the Bruins that year was just lucky bounces, but the fact Boston was good enough to be competitive against the Habs, the Flyers, the Lightning, and the Canucks means that they were a good team.

Montreal often gets an extra gear against Boston, and we were a good team that year ... Subban Wisniewski Hamrlik Spacek was a pretty good top-4. We could have beaten Boston. But could we have gotten past the other teams afterwards as they did? I don't know, but I doubt it.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Plus they needed the game 7 clutch and grab style of play against Tampa where the refs did not call not one single penalty during the game. That favored Boston as Tampa was firing at will on the PP and burying Boston.

Boston won the game against Tampa in OT with the help of refs choosing to allow unfavorable conditions that rewarded Boston.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
The difference between the Habs and the Bruins that year was just lucky bounces, but the fact Boston was good enough to be competitive against the Habs, the Flyers, the Lightning, and the Canucks means that they were a good team.

Montreal often gets an extra gear against Boston, and we were a good team that year ... Subban Wisniewski Hamrlik Spacek was a pretty good top-4. We could have beaten Boston. But could we have gotten past the other teams afterwards as they did? I don't know, but I doubt it.

Well better go cheer for Boston then I guess. You seem to hate everything about this team anyway.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

The thing is, there's no team in the east that matches up well against us except the Flyers for some reason. And the Flyers team that used to convincingly beat us in the playoffs is long gone, while the Habs, despite their playoff run, have been much better since 2010 except for the Cunneyworth "era". The Bruins and the Penguins are allegedly the "contenders" in the East and we have a habit of outplaying both of them.

We definitely struggle against the big puck possession teams in the west - the Kings and Blues especially. The sample sizes are small but the results are pretty ugly even when we managed to grind out a few results.

But top say we are not good because we struggle against the Flyers is an extremely high standard. We aren't elite, we have a few serious problems keeping us from being elite, but this isn't the NBA where a .500 team can be the 4th seed. This team does have the talent to go on a good run with a solid coaching and luck, which is why the talks to blow it up after every slump make my head hurt.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The thing is, there's no team in the east that matches up well against us except the Flyers for some reason. And the Flyers team that used to convincingly beat us in the playoffs is long gone, while the Habs, despite their playoff run, have been much better since 2010 except for the Cunneyworth "era". The Bruins and the Penguins are allegedly the "contenders" in the East and we have a habit of outplaying both of them.

We definitely struggle against the big puck possession teams in the west - the Kings and Blues especially. The sample sizes are small but the results are pretty ugly even when we managed to grind out a few results.

But top say we are not good because we struggle against the Flyers is an extremely high standard. We aren't elite, we have a few serious problems keeping us from being elite, but this isn't the NBA where a .500 team can be the 4th seed. This team does have the talent to go on a good run with a solid coaching and luck, which is why the talks to blow it up after every slump make my head hurt.

The Habs are definitely in a position where they could make the Stanley Cup Finals. Markov, Plekanec, Gorges, Price, Emelin, Subban, Eller, and Pacioretty are all in their prime, we have Moen and Prust in the bottom-6, and we have Galchenyuk and Gallagher as emerging young players. Moreover the Eastern Conference is weak.

We should be going for it. I think I'm going to write a topic on it.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I still believe in the notion that we would have beaten the Bruins had Chara not eliminated Paccioretty. Patches was on fire that year and if he was in the lineup he could have changed the series.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I still believe in the notion that we would have beaten the Bruins had Chara not eliminated Paccioretty. Patches was on fire that year and if he was in the lineup he could have changed the series.

It's easy to make that excuse but considering how close that series were...losing Pacioretty really hurt. It's a shame to think about because that Habs team was much better than the one that made it to the conference finals the year before. But I guess the implosion that resulted after that got us Galchenyuk, so....

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Buy a ****ing warm blanket.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes