Post-Game Talk: Habs win in OT! MSL's first win against Saint-Louis! Byron 500th game; Romanov 100th; CC is BACK!

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
KK doesn’t fit this management’s speed imperative. He can stay in Carolina, that ship has sailed.
Poor guy. Not poor in term of money. When I remember all the love he got in his first 30 games with us. The smile he had every game, like a child with his red pedal car at Xmas. His dream had come thru, and the fans were enthousiasmed. Now all this has gone.
He didn't developped well, his skating is still poor. Part of his problem, his father trained him, they were stubborn thinking they knew better than Habs expert how to train in summer, he came second season heavyer and slow. Here he is now. A below average player overpaid and humiliated. Sad.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Still don't see how Wideman found that passing lane.
upload_2022-2-18_8-41-32.png

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Enjoying the energy. I hope it continues for the remainder of the year. I'm curious what a Marty St. Louis team looks like, but he's got Caufield clicking right now.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
You can see the difference between Julien and Ducharme vs St-Louis. The first two didn't play the youngsters as much because they were afraid of losing. St-Louis knows that winning is not his first priority for now, it's developing.
What baffled me about the previous regime is the incessant notion that it was either/or. We found just as many ways to lose 3 on 3 force feeding ice time to 'steady vets' like Plek and Danault. Strange that playing skilled players might actually lead to a goal and a win.

Reactions: cphabs and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What baffled me about the previous regime is the incessant notion that it was either/or. We found just as many ways to lose 3 on 3 force feeding ice time to 'steady vets' like Plek and Danault. Strange that playing skilled players might actually lead to a goal and a win.
We had coaches who played not to lose..................now we have a guy who actually plays to win...very interesting concept, lost on many...

Reactions: Forum93 and cphabs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If he stays, he will most probably be the captain and leader for the kids coming in...
Nope. I'm not sure your captain can be a third or fourth liner which is where he will play. Some of his comments this season have raised some red flags.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I am not sure if St.Louis is the ideal coach for winning but he might be the right coach for developing Suzuki/Caufield/top 3 pick 2022/ top 3 pick 2023.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Now that we won one, do you believe that MSL can align 2 in a row? Something that DD couldn't accomplish

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Schueneman is showing a lot of poise and assurance, never looks out of place.

He might have carved himself an opportunity at a regular role at the NHL level if he keeps this up.
He's already better than the Clagues Kulaks and Widemans. I mentioned in the GDT that I like players who are event drivers and he is one. Just keep those events mostly positive and good things will happen.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad