Post-Game Talk: Habs win 3-2 in OT, Laffs suck

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Anderson was a beast last night. Habs get big return for him at Deadline. Dach took over role of #1 center. He makes things happen. Hoffman has good shot but no hockey sense. Hope we move his contract at deadline.
If we played the Leafs 20 times a year he would be a 50-60 point player but the problem is that he will disappear for 10 games and the guy we saw last night will not show up. He is overpaid and signed for 4 more years which will make it tough to trade him, chances are good that he stays here.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Yes I get that. But the problem is it's not just against the Leafs that they are winning. If it was sure, win but it's not. We can't afford to be winning these games.
There are 34 games left. The Habs are not going to lose them all. They will probably win 10-15 of those games, so you may as well get used to it.

Reactions: Walrus26

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I still can't get over how they just let us destroy their goalie and aboslutely nobody flinched on their team :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
We used to be that way when they referred to us as smurfs. The Bruins manhandled us every time we faced them because we were so small. The Leafs have size but are severely lacking in courage and plenty of posters over there are pissed off because of it. MSL had Pezetta, RHP and Belzile out there against Nostrils and they shut them down lol.

The Leafs were definitely in playoff form for that one :laugh:
I agree. As soon as our AHLers ramped up the intensity in the second period they folded like cheap tents. They simply get scared when they get hit and challenged in any form.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Tank took a big hit last night (and recently), so whatever. Just have to hope management has some plans for TDL (or before) and that their amateur scouts are doing their jobs should we not be in a favourable draft position.

What the real takeaway here for hockey fans, specifically Leafs fans, is if a team of superstars can’t put on some big boy pants and finish off a team icing mostly AHLers, this doesn’t bode well for you. Yeah, Habs play more inspired but the Leafs went up 2-0 real quick but there’s just no killer instinct.

We were outshot but that Leafs D just allowed us to drive hard into Samsonov all night. End of the day, even I know this was an off night for the Leafs, but man, when they are bad, they suck bad. There’s no room for off nights in the playoffs.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
We're seeing his mean side in spurts but more and more, from game to game.

He may actually be meaner than the PowerDonkey, since unlike the donkey, Dach engages more regularly.
He's still a very young man getting used to his large frame. Very happy seeing him gaining confidence in his strength , winning battles and attacking the net.
In a weird way, he reminds me of Corey Perry at the start of his career. Just cocky enough, not the fastest skater, but good puck handler in tight spaces.

Reactions: Runner77

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Classic Josh Anderson playing like a beast when we play the Leafs...Anyway, it's always nice to beat them, let restart the tank next game.

Jul 6, 2016
Classic Josh Anderson playing like a beast when we play the Leafs...Anyway, it's always nice to beat them, let restart the tank next game.
Ontario boy ! It's like all the Quebec kids playing great when they play against the Habs.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The Leafs were definitely in playoff form for that one :laugh:
Even the powerhouse 75-76 Habs were solidly hammered by the second worst team in league history Caps…who were coming off the worst season in NHL history.

Can’t read too much into that game IMO

• Wow
Reactions: Licou

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I thought his only fans *no pun intended was only me and you?
Rem is a placeholder at best. I can't see him helping this team in a bottom six role when it gets serious. We are constantly talking about gutlesss players and while Pitlick has some guts he doesn't have the requisite strength and durability to fill that position and he's obviously not top 6 material. The same goes for Ylonen and RHP amongst others. One of Bergevins biggest faults was his falling in love with lesser players. We can't have that anymore. We need to find a couple of forwards in the WiFi mold and properly surround the talent we will have.
Give those players a year at most and ideally less if we get our hands on the right guys.

I like him and was happy we re-signed him. He was very good for us last year. And played great with Evans in preseason.

No idea why he played so bad early in the season, but I think he can be a good middle 6 NHL player.
Nope not on the team I see as a TRUE contender.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Alot of folks ride David Savard hard but I gotta say that he is a solid Dman and a great role model for the young D.
I'm really not sure what happened to him last season.:dunno: Out of shape or what. This is the Savard I saw in Columbus when they did in the mighty Tampa Bay Lightning 4 straight. It wasn't a coincidence Tampa went after him soon after for their Cup run.

Well, Bruins are next, so ......
Another WIN!

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad