Post-Game Talk: Habs win 3-2 in OT, Laffs suck

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
We used to be that way when they referred to us as smurfs. The Bruins manhandled us every time we faced them because we were so small. The Leafs have size but are severely lacking in courage and plenty of posters over there are pissed off because of it. MSL had Pezetta, RHP and Belzile out there against Nostrils and they shut them down lol.

I agree. As soon as our AHLers ramped up the intensity in the second period they folded like cheap tents. They simply get scared when they get hit and challenged in any form.
Our smurfs teams had more heart than the Leafs tho. They won playoffs series against those big bad Bruins.

Reactions: the

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The emergence of 6'4 212 LB Kirby Dach is exciting.
I'll be honest I wasn't really a fan of that trade and losing Romy but Dach as really won me over with his play of late. In the past week or so since being back playing center he's looked really great and as now added more physicality to his game as well it seems.

In the past week or so he completely steamrolled Clutterbuck like he was some 80lbs player. Put Gudas on his ass and then stared him down. Last night he was using his speed and size to just drive towards the Leafs net and there wasn't a goddamn thing any Leafs dman could do about it.

The beauty part is that he just turned 22 yesterday and once he physically matures and fills out even more he should be even better and an even bigger handful to handle for opposing dmen.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Let's see what pieces we have to build with-
Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slafkovsky, Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj, Barron, Kovasevic, Ylonen, Montembeault, RHP, Pitlick.

Prospects
Mesar
Beck
Hutson
Farrell,
Roy
Kidney
Mailloux

Some solid building blocks

The pieces we have to build a contender in 2 years

XXX-XXX-Caufield
Slafkovsky-Suzuki-XXX
XXX-Dach-XXX
XXX-Beck-XXX

Guhle-XXX
Xhekaj-XXX
XXX-XXX

XXX
Montembeault

Don't see any of the current tweeners having much value for us when we are good. I think Harris has been solid lately but not sure he would crack the lineup for most teams in the playoff picture. Now if we get Bedard, and Roy and Farrell become top-6 forwards, it's a much better situation. Or if Hutson, Engstrom, or Mailloux become top 4 guys

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Dach running over Samsonov on multiple occasions and Leafs doing nothing about it.

RHP scoring a young-Gallagher type goal.

Montembeault stoning Leafs in 3rd after giving up 2 quick ones in 1st.

Montreal dominating physically in 2nd period as they came back from 0-2 to tie it. Out shot Leafs 19-8. Matthews got reversed hit behind the net by Matheson. Nylander got slammed down by Belzile.

4th line of Pezzetta-Belzile-RHP was terrific. Best 4th line of season.

Anderson scored against Leafs, and played a power horse type of game. He loves beating the Leafs.

Pitlick scored in OT off a great pass by Hoffman, who spent the majority of the game missing on all his passes. His 1st good pass led to game winning goal. Pitlick looked like last year's Pitlick - in other words, he was good.

Leafs were soft, and they were running around in their own zone. They're going out in 5 or 6 games, 1st round of playoffs again. Super soft D & forwards.

We won 3-2 in OT. Everyone we needed to win tonight lost.
I sure like that 4th line ,RHP working hard to stay in the bigs.Kudos to Pezz on the effort to make the 2nd goal happen.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Their fans are crying about the officials.

Sorry, if you can't overcome the officials (their excuse every time they lose anyway) against a tanking team dipping two lines deep in their farm team.. then you just aren't a contender.
Some of their comebacks are at least we;re keeping the Habs from getting Bedard ,lol

Reactions: WeThreeKings

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Their fans are crying about the officials.

Never mind crying out the officials; they actually have a thread on their board asking why the hockey panels never take their side on "controversial" plays.

So they have taken it to the whole next level. First, a penalty gets called against the Leafs. Members of the fanbase deem it "controversial" and then are baffled when a panel of hockey analysts and experts don't agree with them that it was an outrageous call.

Imagine being a Maple Leafs fan and thinking the TSN and Sportsnet coverage was *against* the team. That thread has to be one to he single funniest things I've ever read at HFBoards. It reads like pure parody - and it's worth mentioning their are plenty of Leaf fans mocking the OP as well - but man, it's a level of delusion that is unique, even for this place.

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Never mind crying out the officials; they actually have a thread on their board asking why the hockey panels never take their side on "controversial" plays.

So they have taken it to the whole next level. First, a penalty gets called against the Leafs. Members of the fanbase deem it "controversial" and then are baffled when a panel of hockey analysts and experts don't agree with them that it was an outrageous call.

Imagine being a Maple Leafs fan and thinking the TSN and Sportsnet coverage was *against* the team. That thread has to be one to he single funniest things I've ever read at HFBoards. It reads like pure parody - and it's worth mentioning their are plenty of Leaf fans mocking the OP as well - but man, it's a level of delusion that is unique, even for this place.
Leafs fans are special and I don't mean that in a good way.

violin-tiny.gif

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Xhekaj only played 12 minutes.

Suzuki got the most ice time at 25+ minutes which is nuts for a forward, but he also played his best game in awhile.

Matheson-Savard led the D with 23 minutes each.
Edmundson-Barron got 15 minutes
Then Xhekaj 12 minutes
Harris 11 minutes
Kovacevic 10 minutes
Yeah he got less time but he has consistently been getting more effective as the games go on.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Habs are to the Leafs what the Leafs used to be to the Sens in the 90s. The Sens had a greatly skilled roster with Alfredsson, Spezza, prime Karlsson, etc....but everytime they met the Leafs esp. in the playoffs would lose their shit. Leafs had less skills but more gamers like Tuckers and so forth. And same thing with what happened between the Nords and Habs in 93. With all the top picks and the Lindros trade, the Nords had gone from a last place team to a highly skilled team with Nolan, Sundin, Sakic, Duchene, Kaminsky, etc....but the Habs had freaking gamers in Muller, Kean, Damphousse, Carbo and so forth. And frankly the most gamer of them all King Roy.

Reactions: salbutera

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
After reading the reactions from some Leaf fans today after last nights game it only seems appropriate that REM scored the winner since "it's the end of the world as we know it" for some of these Leaf fans it seems after the loss to that Habs lineup. :D

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I was just reading a bit of the Leafs board and I may have some potentially not good news. I think we could be possibly losing coach @OldCraig71 to the HF Leafs board since he's been over there in a possible consultant role instructing Leaf fans on how to fix their soft and heartless team. :)

Whatever they're offering man we'll match and better their offer to keep you over here. Anyway it smells a bit like a sewer and it reeks of desperation over there plus their mothers still dress most of them funny. :)

There's no way we're gonna let them turn you from this.

revenge-of-the-nerds-nerds.gif

Into this b'y. No sir. :)

A0ea.gif
That's the first time I ever posted over there, I should have gotten your approval before doing so I guess. Should I be careful not to post on the main board now as well for fear that you might come back here and report it as well? It's cool to joke with each other here and there but what was the purpose of what you did here? This looks like "hey by's look what the idiot OC did" and great, you got a cheap chuckle out of it.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
That's the first time I ever posted over there, I should have gotten your approval before doing so I guess. Should I be careful not to post on the main board now as well for fear that you might come back here and report it as well? It's cool to joke with each other here and there but what was the purpose of what you did here? This looks like "hey by's look what the idiot OC did" and great, you got a cheap chuckle out of it.
Oh by.. :(

Sincere apologies. I certainly didn't mean any harm and I certainly didn't try to make anyone look like an idiot for posting over there. Again apologies I'll make sure it won't happen again and I'll delete the post now.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: rik schau and the

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Was just dandy Montreal beating the Leafs, would be great to see them do it against the bruins too.

Oh by.. :(

Sincere apologies. I certainly didn't mean any harm and I certainly didn't try to make anyone look like an idiot for posting over there. Again apologies I'll make sure it won't happen again and I'll delete the post now.
After reading all the story,it was funny,didn't make anyone look like an idiot,people need to lighten up some.lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad