Post-Game Talk: Habs win 3-1! Going into the break with a big W!

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
This is way I hate about this forum. Say one bad thing, and you're labeled. I ****ing love Sekac. But it was a whole night of bad. If he's on the 4th line next game that'll be frustrating though.

Don't be offended man i was labelling to joke around.

honestly i cringed too on those bad shifts by sekac. I was crossing fingers MT would give him a chance but of course he didn't. I've been a big fan of him and i really hope he evolves as a consistent top 6 player who stays far away from the coach doghouse.

Most importantly habs won and it's what really matters in the end, but best case scenario for me is when habs win and my favorite player has a great game.

I'm a typical habs fan who is never 100% happy but hey at least i admit it.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
To me, you're only managing to look like someone with unrealistic expectations, but keep on fighting, you dreamer, you.

It's not unrealistic to want the process to be better. Will a different coach mean the results will be any better? Not necessarily, even if the coach was a guy like Babcock. But the Habs right now are a team playing with fire. They're almost never ready to start a game and are frequently outshot and outplayed. They rely on Price, tenacity and skill to win, and that just isn't sustainable. It's important for a team to have all those things, but you also need structure and a system that produces possession and fits the team makeup.

We have enough data to realize Therrien has a negative effect on the rosters he coaches when in comes to possession and generally controlling play.

That's not to say MT doesn't do certain things well. He's a good motivator and his teams generally seem to have strong cohesion. His team's compete hard. But he's never been seen as a good strategy guy. And in the new NHL, you need that.

Especially if you have a roster that is closer to contention than mediocre. Montreal is in that position. It's been observed by fans, bloggers and journalists. And not just those that focus on the Habs.

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
Just too funny.

Somehow, saying we didn't play well = complaining about a win... :laugh:

It might not be your intention, but after reading through this thread and through your posts, it comes off that way. I get what you're saying, you're complaining we didn't play well this game, a game we won. It's not directly associated to the win, but its hard to separate.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
It's not unrealistic to want the process to be better. Will a different coach mean the results will be any better? Not necessarily, even if the coach was a guy like Babcock. But the Habs right now are a team playing with fire. They're almost never ready to start a game and are frequently outshot and outplayed. They rely on Price, tenacity and skill to win, and that just isn't sustainable. It's important for a team to have all those things, but you also need structure and a system that produces possession and fits the team makeup.

We have enough data to realize Therrien has a negative effect on the rosters he coaches when in comes to possession and generally controlling play.

That's not to say MT doesn't do certain things well. He's a good motivator and his teams generally seem to have strong cohesion. His team's compete hard. But he's never been seen as a good strategy guy. And in the new NHL, you need that.

Especially if you have a roster that is closer to contention than mediocre. Montreal is in that position. It's been observed by fans, bloggers and journalists. And not just those that focus on the Habs.

So let me get this straight, relying on one's goaltender, on tenacious play and skill are not reasonable ways to win hockey games? Teach me more.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
So let me get this straight, relying on one's goaltender, on tenacious play and skill are not reasonable ways to win hockey games? Teach me more.

Does tenacious include being out-chanced, out shot, out hit, and out played?

If so, I'm on board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad