Proposal: Habs wheeling and dealing at deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Retention, but not as heavy that you might think.
Just taking up a slot for 3 years is a major pain, though. It removes a lot of flexibility for future deals, and the Habs have a slot already taken until summer '25.

If they use their 3d slot, I expect it'll be on someone like Dvorak, Allen or Savard: someone with a little term, but not 3 years.(expiring contracts could always be dealt through a 3d team to get retention, if Montreal runs out of slots)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Lebrun was a shill for Bergevin............not Hughes.

Hughes gives nothing out........

Lol all of the insiders are shills for everyone. That's how they get their info.

Retention, but not as heavy that you might think.

Anderson makes 5.5 million against the cap. Given how awful he's been this year (and in general, teams don't want commit that kind of cap space to a guy who's never scored 30 goals or 50 points). Good luck moving him without heavy retention.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Lol all of the insiders are shills for everyone. That's how they get their info.

Anderson makes 5.5 million against the cap. Given how awful he's been this year (and in general, teams don't want commit that kind of cap space to a guy who's never scored 30 goals or 50 points). Good luck moving him without heavy retention.
Wasn't my point..........................sorry you missed it.

Again, Lebrun WAS a shill for Bergevin.................NOT Hughes....................big difference.

Cheers....

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think his value is very high for Montreal. He can eat a lot of minutes and cover the development of young Ds. He is local guy for Quebec which adds slight premium. I think one more year and he will be traded once Guhle, Struble, Xhekaj and Hutson are ready to step up on the left side of D.
Going to be hard for Montreal to part with Matheson. But the return will be huge. It's difficult decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad