Proposal: Habs vs Sharks

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Poehling just had a bounce back year, too early to say he needs a change of scenery

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No interest in trading Struble. Poehling will have his make or break year next season. He rebounded well in the AHL and is ready.

Habs have zero ready to trade.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Merkley and Kniazev are definitely available for the right price. Just in the eyes of many Sharks fans, Merkley has not been developing well in the Sharks system. Kniazev has been progressing nicely.

This trade certainly addresses the needs of the Sharks (we need Cs) with the addition of a 3C like Poehling, I just cannot pull the trigger on it because I don't really know who Poehling and Struble are, will have to look into them.

But I do like that Poehling has been marinating in the Canadiens minor league system. How is he holding up? It says he had a season-ending wrist injury and from a youtube video he was popped really hard face-first into the boards by Robert Hagg (does Poehling show any post-concussion symptoms from that hit?)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Danault has pretty much exemplified why players like him and Poehling are far too important in the big games. No way are we trading him after that bounce back year esp if Danault leaves

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
No interest in trading Poehling, unless there's something about those SJ prospects that I don't know about.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Why the hell would San Jose do this?

Neither of those prospects from the Sharks are in any need of a change of scenery.
Funny, it's the same for the Habs... Struble is a better prospect than Kniazev, and well, Poehling has a much better chance to play at the NHL level (bottom 6 C) than Merkley (Boom or bust prospect who can't be a bottom pairing D cause he doesn't know how to play defense)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Funny, it's the same for the Habs... Struble is a better prospect than Kniazev, and well, Poehling has a much better chance to play at the NHL level (bottom 6 C) than Merkley (Boom or bust prospect who can't be a bottom pairing D cause he doesn't know how to play defense)

In what way is Struble a better prospect than Kniazev? Not every bottom pairing defenseman is a defensive defenseman. I agree that Poehling has a better chance to stick at the NHL level just due to there being more spots available than on D.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not sure why the Habs would want to do this? With Danault up in the air as far as if he will be back or will price himself above what the Habs want to pay, leaving a spot for Poehling to maybe make the team next year after a strong season in Laval.

Merkley is another righty and the Habs need someone on the left which Kniazev is but I don't know much about him. Both are also smaller dmen at under 6 feet and 180lbs.

Also these guys are all 22 or under, not sure why they would need a change of scenery at this point.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Struble is a beast.

He might be the best prospect in that package down the road.

In fact, he might be the best habs prospect, period.

He was one of the youngest dude of the 2019 draft (8th September), he's a beast physically, very athletic and has a plethora of skills.

His play needs to mature a bit but the core is there.

Would never trade him for the mentioned players.

Reactions: loadie and montreal

ginovegas

Dec 15, 2009
Montreal
Habs are stacked on Left Dm at some point they will have to trade some left D to get Right D. Edmundsun, Chiarot, Kulak, Romanov, Merril, Gustafson, Harris, Struble, Norlinder, Fairbrother etc...

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Struble is a better prospect, Merkley sucks when he can't get on the board, and he has a hard time doing it at th le AHL level, let alone in the nhl
Merkley have more potentiel then struble , but dosen't have the good attitude so he might not even make the NHL because of it

Reactions: themelkman

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Merkley have more potentiel then struble , but dosen't have the good attitude so he might not even make the NHL because of it
Nope

Merkley has more OFFENSIVE potential. Struble has morr potential to be the better dman.

Merkley is bottom line terrible when he's not scoring points, and well he hasn't done it at the AHL level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad