GDT: Habs VS Maple Leafs tonight at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
They set him up to fail.... are you really surprise? He's playing with the worst 2 linemates possible.

And if he generates any offense / points tonight versus a NHL lineup with two guys who have been doing nothing, he will write his ticket to start in the NHL.

Suzuki is an offense generator. Listen when Clod talks about Gallagher, he has said repeatedly that putting Gallagher on a line makes it a better line. I think Suzuki has won Clod over, as he's playing him everywhere, and if Suzuki is true to form SOMEONE on that line is scoring a goal tonight.

Reactions: Habs Icing

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
2 preseason games to play and these lines look nothing like what we should expect for game one.
Julien is out of touch. And enough with Hudon. The guy is just not good enough. It's unreal the amount of opportunities he got this preseason.

Sand94

Oct 5, 2017
Ok, so lets be clear here. Suzuki is playing with the supposed "black holes" of offense. Kotkaniemi is playing with Suzuki's initial pre-season line-mates.

If Suzuki performs, and Kotkaniemi still looks a step behind him, can we discuss the possibility of Suzuki starting as 3C and KK maybe taking some time to readjust?

Sand94

Oct 5, 2017
It's pre-season. Time to try new things.

I'm annoyed that Kotkaniemi hasn't had a chance to play with any top six forwards though..

He doesn't deserve to. Have you seen him play the last few games? He's been the worse player on his line every game so far. Armia is playing better than him, hell, Hudon was generating more than him. I can almost guarantee that Weal will outshine him today too.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Ok, so lets be clear here. Suzuki is playing with the supposed "black holes" of offense. Kotkaniemi is playing with Suzuki's initial pre-season line-mates.

If Suzuki performs, and Kotkaniemi still looks a step behind him, can we discuss the possibility of Suzuki starting as 3C and KK maybe taking some time to readjust?

It's a big test for both of them since Toronto is having pretty much a full line-up.
They will both face Tavares and Matthews on the road. Not going to be easy.

KK is having good defensive element by his side but Suzuki might not get out alive of this one.
Biggest test so far.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He doesn't deserve to. Have you seen him play the last few games? He's been the worse player on his line every game so far. Armia is playing better than him, hell, Hudon was generating more than him. I can almost guarantee that Weal will outshine him today too.
Who cares about who "deserves" what in pre-season? It's the time to try things out to see what sticks once the season actually starts. Kotkaniemi will, ideally be, a top six player before his ELC is done. Is hurts nothing to try him out with guys who are already established in that roll when the games don't matter.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Hopefully the Habs can look better against what looks like the Leaf's exact opening night roster than the Marlies.

Sand94

Oct 5, 2017
It's a big test for both of them since Toronto is having pretty much a full line-up.
They will both face Tavares and Matthews on the road. Not going to be easy.

KK is having good defensive element by his side but Suzuki might not get out alive of this one.
Biggest test so far.

Watching Suzuki so far this pre-season has shown me he is actually very strong defensively. He's also way stronger than KK on the puck. I watched him lower his center of gravity and plant his legs down to shield the puck away form bigger players. Sort of how Crosby likes to shield the puck in that regard. Really impressed. If anything I'd be putting my money on KK looking a few steps behind Matthews and Tavares and not having the strength to muscle them off pucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia