Proposal: HABS vs JETS vs NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You just resigned that guy. Then trade him? I don’t see it at all.

These are real people. Would kill MBs credibility in that locker room. This reads like a video game trade.

change it to Danault, Romanov and Caufield. That may work. Two good prospects and a rental.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
It's going to take way more than Caufield + Gallagher to land Laine. This is a bad proposal for both WPG and NJ.

WPG gets a negative value contract in Subban and adds two prospects for Laine, while they core needs to win now.
NJ downgrades Holtz to Caufield (and I like Caufield as a prospect) and adds Mukhamadullin to add a player that doesn't fit their timeline. And while Subban's contract is expensive, we actually have the space to keep it.

So WPG & NJ lose value-wise but also it makes zero sense given their needs.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
It's going to take way more than Caufield + Gallagher to land Laine. This is a bad proposal for both WPG and NJ.

WPG gets a negative value contract in Subban and adds two prospects for Laine, while they core needs to win now.
NJ downgrades Holtz to Caufield (and I like Caufield as a prospect) and adds Mukhamadullin to add a player that doesn't fit their timeline. And while Subban's contract is expensive, we actually have the space to keep it.

How does Jersey lose value wise?

It’s not good for the Jets but dumping PK for a good top 6 winger while only (marginally) downgrading winger prospects is a good deal for them. And they get cap space which they could use for a subsequent steal.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

PK can help the Jets right now for sure while getting 2 great A prospect , so they are loosing a awesome winger while getting a decent D plus awesome future.
NJ gets Gallagher and buddy Jack caufield to help them right now (Caufield next year) they are a better team right off the bat.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL

It’s not good for the Jets but dumping PK for a good top 6 winger while only (marginally) downgrading winger prospects is a good deal for them. And they get cap space which they could use for a subsequent steal.

We don't need to dump PK but assuming we look strictly value-wise, I don't see that much value in Gallagher, given his contract (expires in 7 years). And in my opinion, downgrading from Holtz to Caufield is a loss itself, adding Mukhamadullin on top of that makes it even worse.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
PK can help the Jets right now for sure while getting 2 great A prospect , so they are loosing a awesome winger while getting a decent D plus awesome future.
NJ gets Gallagher and buddy Jack caufield to help them right now (Caufield next year) they are a better team right off the bat.

Jets could get PK Subban for free, if they asked.
NJ doesn't need to become a better team now because even if we do, we are nowhere near close contending. We are building for the future and looking from that point of view, giving up 2 prospects, while getting only one back, makes zero sense.

Actually, if we absolutely had to go this direction (and Jets were willing to accept this trade, which I doubt), we would trade directly with WPG and get Laine.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
And in my opinion, downgrading from Holtz to Caufield is a loss itself, adding Mukhamadullin on top of that makes it even worse.
if you have looked at the Junior tournament this year Holtz dosen't look better at all , you can't just rely on draft positioning mate

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Jets side is the worst by far.
Add a cap killer contract.
A late 1 that most people didn't see as a 1.
And a legit scoring winger prospect for the legit scorer.
Easy pass jets.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Oh man would Hughes and Caufield on the same line in the NHL just get physically manhandled.

Is John Leclair playing with them to protect them?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Honest question. Goes for both Laine and PDL cases. Why is it fans think if we offer 1's to a playoff team and get their elite player, fans will jump up and down and trade their elite player? If Jets are out of playoff race and are listening at trade deadline for CC plus ok I get it. But why would jets trade in division(who knows if its for one year or long term) for picks that won't play for them for 2-3 years if at all?

At least if habs fan offered KK and Romanov and Byran as salary dump Jets fan would say no, but at least you are adding 3 players to roster 2 with legit upside.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Allright i would love to see Laine in MTL playing with KK and Armia.
NJ would probably like to have Caufield with Jack again
well Jets need Defense + good prospect

Habs : Laine
-
Jets: PK subban + Alexander Holtz + Shakir Mukhamadullin
-
NJ: Gallagher + Caufield

You say Jets need defense but I don't see it in the trade. Is the defensive skill they had hidden somewhere behind the shell of what once was PK or am I missing something there?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Allright i would love to see Laine in MTL playing with KK and Armia.
NJ would probably like to have Caufield with Jack again
well Jets need Defense + good prospect

Habs : Laine
-
Jets: PK subban + Alexander Holtz + Shakir Mukhamadullin
-
NJ: Gallagher + Caufield
Habs aren't trading Gallagher after just resigning him, And both New Jersey and Winnipeg easily decline.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Cap space is nice, but NJ is already sitting on ~$5M (if/when Bratt re-signs) this season. Adding $9M more to that probably doesn't accomplish anything. They'll also be swimming in cap space next offseason, so whatever they would free up dumping Subban in this scenario may never even go to use.

Certainly it's not worth attaching Subban's contract to lessen the value of two recent 1st round picks for a team that is in the midst of a rebuild.

if you have looked at the Junior tournament this year Holtz dosen't look better at all , you can't just rely on draft positioning mate

Caufield is over a year older than Holtz, was on a better team and it's a short tournament. They're certainly close as prospects, but I'd rather stick with Holtz.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Laine is better than Gallagher + Caufield
Laine fits better the timeline of the Devils than Gallagher
If PK, Holtz and Shak get you Laine, why would the Devils downgrade their return? Just to make Montreal a favor?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
If WJC were representive for a prospects value, Caufield didn't represent himself much better.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Laine is better than Gallagher + Caufield
Laine fits better the timeline of the Devils than Gallagher
If PK, Holtz and Shak get you Laine, why would the Devils downgrade their return? Just to make Montreal a favor?
Yea, it doesn't make much sense...

Montreal, what do you even do here?
MintyAmpleGodwit-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: SRHRangers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad