Proposal: Habs vs Hawks

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Habs could use some experience on center, KK and Suzuki are quite young for #1-#2 center

Habs : J, Drouin + R, Poehling + J. Brooks + 2rd 2023
For
Hawks : J, Toews + 2rd 2022

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Chicago is trying to turn a corner and make the playoffs. Their centre depth isn't ready yet to takeover from Toews. Toews might not be worth his contract remained but he's still effective in his role. I can't see Chicago trading him.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Chicago is trying to turn a corner and make the playoffs. Their centre depth isn't ready yet to takeover from Toews. Toews might not be worth his contract remained but he's still effective in his role. I can't see Chicago trading him.
Good point !

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Toews is going nowhere. He's retiring a Hawk one way or another imo.

However, if you really want to dump Drouin, how about Strome+Stillman?

Strome + DeHaan for Drouin(500K retained) + Kulak (1M retained)?

swap of former 3rd overall picks that haven't lived up to expectations

hawks gain 1.8M in cap space this year +1 more year @5M for drouin

Habs get the 2nd pair stop-gap D with mobility/puck skills they lack and give Strome a long look at top-9C

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
If Toews is back to health as reported he is still a very effective 2 way centre (albeit expensive) plus he kicks it into gear in the playoffs. Looks like CHI is making a push the next couple of years, can't see why they would want to trade him.

Reactions: banks

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Habs could use some experience on center, KK and Suzuki are quite young for #1-#2 center

For
Montreal reject this trade.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Yes, but a fan of another team wants him. Here are some pieces they won't miss in return. That's how it works in real life, right?

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
If Toews is LTIR, this might be done but if he is on the ice then no.

If Toews is LTIR, I think he would get better return.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Yes, but a fan of another team wants him. Here are some pieces they won't miss in return. That's how it works in real life, right?

Calm down dude, this is is a hockey forum where hockey fans have fun making "made up" hockey trades. Sometimes value might be a little off.

I agree that Toews is probably not for sale after the moves the Hawks made this off-season. If Hawks were to start their rebuild today, that wouldn't be an awful starting package for Toews.

dennispol

Aug 11, 2021

For

so you want a proven #1-#2 franchise center for 4 players that don't even play in the NHL?

quantity doesn't equal quality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad