Proposal: Habs vs Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Horrible for the Flames

They send a cap dump and top 4 dman for 3 cap dumps. Pretty obvious your a Habs fan lol

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
Brodie
Neal
3rf

For

Alzner
Weise
Shaw
Rather keep alzner he has 3 years left while neal has 4 and Brodie has 1 year left and is really bad defensively while turning 30 next year. Also I really dont want to give away Andrew Shaw I love his playing style.

Reactions: Gains

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Rather keep alzner he has 3 years left while neal has 4 and Brodie has 1 year left and is really bad defensively while turning 30 next year. Also I really dont want to give away Andrew Shaw I love his playing style.

Ya the guy who was +30 while playing against the other teams best line every night is terrible defensively. Brodie has been top 10 in defensive metrics in 3 of the last 5 years. The two years he wasnt he played the left side. He is a bit like Jake Gardiner in that when he screws up its blatant. Both players appear to unknowlegeable fans to be bad defensively, but are pretty good top 4 defensemen in all phases.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

People really overrate Brodie's defensive play. It's not poor by any means, but it is not as good as it used to be.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
People really overrate Brodie's defensive play. It's not poor by any means, but it is not as good as it used to be.
If you go back to 4 or 5 years ago he was the best defensive defender in the league according to numbers. This year he was top 10. The two in between were disastrous. That said, it's hard switching sides and his two terrible years he played on the left. Going up against the Jost line or the RNH line is not the same as going against the McDavids and Mackinnons of the world though. We saw what happened when Brodie and Giordano weren't out against that line. Our other pairings got eaten alive.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
Ya the guy who was +30 while playing against the other teams best line every night is terrible defensively. Brodie has been top 10 in defensive metrics in 3 of the last 5 years. The two years he wasnt he played the left side. He is a bit like Jake Gardiner in that when he screws up its blatant. Both players appear to unknowlegeable fans to be bad defensively, but are pretty good top 4 defensemen in all phases.
Lolllll people put too much value on +/- if your team is playing good you will always have a decent if not good +/- amd no he isnt top 10 in defensive metrics. Prove it he isnt even top 20.

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
ok whoever is calling Shaw a cap dump seriously needs to watch a habs game :facepalm: if he was on the market i guarantee plenty of teams would be interested

Reactions: Gains

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lolllll people put too much value on +/- if your team is playing good you will always have a decent if not good +/- amd no he isnt top 10 in defensive metrics. Prove it he isnt even top 20.
Correction, he's top 9, not top 10. He's 9th in expected goals against per minute (8th in actual). Top 10 in relative corsi. He does this while playing against other teams top lines every game and starting most of his shifts in the D zone. Granted, he plays with Giordano and Backlund mostly which helps, but I'm guessing you didn't even know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad