Proposal: Habs Vancouver

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Byron is a really useful underrated player who can put up 30-40 points. Be on the pk and a good leader why on earth would Habs do this.

Probably because we already have 7 forwards that profile like that but can use more grit in the bottom 6.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Doesn't make much sense for either team imo

Gives the Habs some more sandpaper and saves a miniscule amount of cap space but Roussel looked pretty average at times in the playoffs and was at times deployed as a 4th liner (if not pretty much benched). Byron is a smurf, yes, but he's the better player... is the 3rd for the extra year on his contract?

Byron adds speed, would help the PK, can put up respectable numbers for what he is but I'd consider him rather fragile & injury prone. I think the reason the Canucks say no is the extra year ~ they're going to need all the cap space they can get in the very near future, and a $3.4M Byron would be a luxury item they can't really afford

Reactions: ivanlwan and Treb

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Doesn't make much sense for either team imo

Gives the Habs some more sandpaper and saves a miniscule amount of cap space but Roussel looked pretty average at times in the playoffs and was at times deployed as a 4th liner (if not pretty much benched). Byron is a smurf, yes, but he's the better player... is the 3rd for the extra year on his contract?

Byron adds speed, would help the PK, can put up respectable numbers for what he is but I'd consider him rather fragile & injury prone. I think the reason the Canucks say no is the extra year ~ they're going to need all the cap space they can get in the very near future, and a $3.4M Byron would be a luxury item they can't really afford

Habs do this because they need to meet their quota of French names on the team. The 3rd is because of the French name premium charge.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I'd do it.

We lose the better player by far, but either one of them will play on the 4th anyway.
More importantly, we save one year.

Vancouver win one of the fastest skater in the league, and an excellent PK-er. Still putts between 10 to 20 goals for sure. And they get an OK pick for taking the one + year

Win-Win I think

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Habs do this because they need to meet their quota of French names on the team. The 3rd is because of the French name premium charge.
I consider this post a joke.. Byron is not french, it would be Biron though he does speak french.

Now on the topic, Byron is a very useful player and I don't mind him on the team at all as long as the cap allows it. If the Habs can't keep him, I hope he goes to a team that wants him, he'll be there.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I actually like it for the Habs. Both are on steep contracts for what they provide but can still be useful when healthy. I think Roussel would be a fan favourite in Montreal.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I consider this post a joke.. Byron is not french, it would be Biron though he does speak french.

Now on the topic, Byron is a very useful player and I don't mind him on the team at all as long as the cap allows it. If the Habs can't keep him, I hope he goes to a team that wants him, he'll be there.

First of all, pretty sure he meant it as a joke.

Second of all, you missed the point. The reason MTL does the trade is to get Roussel, which is a French/French sounding name. He wasn't saying Byron was French.

Also, value wise this sucks for MTL.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
First of all, pretty sure he meant it as a joke.

Second of all, you missed the point. The reason MTL does the trade is to get Roussel, which is a French/French sounding name. He wasn't saying Byron was French.

Also, value wise this sucks for MTL.
I know all this, I made a joke too:sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Byron is a really useful underrated player who can put up 30-40 points. Be on the pk and a good leader why on earth would Habs do this.

Byron can fit this years cap (tight but it fits) but not next year. Habs have to probably unload one or two of Byron and Tatar next year. I like Byron but it's a cap issue.

Habs can't do this deal either though. The point of trading Byron is more about the 21/22 cap space. We can't add a contract for next year in Roussel if we move Byron in a trade.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Id do it if the Habs retain 20% and change that 3rd to a 2nd. That extra year on Byrons contract will be brutal

Reactions: Cogburn

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Vancouver can't afford to take any cap unless we get something decent back. A 3rd won't cut it.
Byron for Roussel seems to be a lateral move.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Byron is way better than Roussel and I'm convinced that we won't have to pay a 3rd round to save 400K.

No from the habs.

Reactions: Rass

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad