Post-Game Talk: Habs troll the Bruins... again. Win 2-0.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Looking at teams that will be out of the race at the deadline.. Would any of these forwards be of any help to the Habs? I'm just throwing out names

Chris Stewart
Drew Stafford (I personally think he would look good in a Habs Jersey)
Brad Boyes
Jaromir Jagr
Antoine Vermette
Tomas Kopecky
Jagr man, it's time. One of the greatest players ever to play, and i bet he'd love to get another shot at a cup before he retires. Consistently produces, even at his age. His name is always linked with the Habs before the season starts anyway, and I think he'd round out our top 9 quite nicely.

Plus he'd be a good go-to on the PP.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Not often is something that happened, oh I don’t know, 24 hours ago, the most interesting part of a media scrum involving a player. But tonight, in front of Milan Lucic’s locker, the 6-foot-4 winger was asked of his Friday night spat with Columbus defenseman Dalton Prout. And he didn’t hold back.

“I didn’t like it,†Lucic said of Prout’s punch. “The good thing is we get to play them two more times.

“I let him know that I wasn’t going to fight him so I wasn’t prepared and I let my guard down and that’s what happens sometimes when you let your guard down,†Lucic continued. “I’ve been in over 100 fights and I never took a shot like that so like I said we get two more opportunities to play the Blue Jackets and I’ll be ready.â€

The sequence between Lucic-Prout was strange from the get-go. Despite his comments, Lucic looked like he wanted to fight. He looked like he was ready to start throwing blows. But he also looked like he was moving in slow-motion while Prout was rarin’ to go. The end result: Lucic was one-punched down to the ice.

“There are many a times that I could have done the exact same thing and I held off because a guy is refusing to drop his gloves,†Lucic said. “I find it to be gutless and that’s my thoughts on it.â€

...better watch your back, Dalton; Lucy's coming and she wants her purse back...:laugh:

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Not often is something that happened, oh I don’t know, 24 hours ago, the most interesting part of a media scrum involving a player. But tonight, in front of Milan Lucic’s locker, the 6-foot-4 winger was asked of his Friday night spat with Columbus defenseman Dalton Prout. And he didn’t hold back.

“I didn’t like it,” Lucic said of Prout’s punch. “The good thing is we get to play them two more times.

“I let him know that I wasn’t going to fight him so I wasn’t prepared and I let my guard down and that’s what happens sometimes when you let your guard down,” Lucic continued. “I’ve been in over 100 fights and I never took a shot like that so like I said we get two more opportunities to play the Blue Jackets and I’ll be ready.”

The sequence between Lucic-Prout was strange from the get-go. Despite his comments, Lucic looked like he wanted to fight. He looked like he was ready to start throwing blows. But he also looked like he was moving in slow-motion while Prout was rarin’ to go. The end result: Lucic was one-punched down to the ice.

“There are many a times that I could have done the exact same thing and I held off because a guy is refusing to drop his gloves,” Lucic said. “I find it to be gutless and that’s my thoughts on it.”

...better watch your back, Dalton; Lucy's coming and she wants her purse back...:laugh:

He poked the bear :sarcasm:

''I never took a shot like that''. Yup, of course, the only type of shots you ever took were sucker punches during scrums, nutshots and other things.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
He poked the bear :sarcasm:

''I never took a shot like that''. Yup, of course, the only type of shots you ever took were sucker punches during scrums, nutshots and other things.

It's actually astonishing that a human being can be so completely in denial of his own behavior. This gargoyle has absolutely no self-awareness.

TimGolbert

Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Guys, we shouldn't be too excited about this win. Remember, the Bruins didn't have Seguin or Boychuck in the lineup tonight.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
It's actually astonishing that a human being can be so completely in denial of his own behavior. This gargoyle has absolutely no self-awareness.

It's worse than that. His memory is so selective that he has a problem with Prout knocking him out fairly, yet forgot his the sucker punch after the refs stepped in. He can't even connect two events that happened about 5-10 seconds apart! :laugh:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Missed the game. How were we overall? and how was Allen?

Bruins had their moments where they possessed the puck for a while. Generated a few chances.

We had an epic shift in the 2nd. We were opportunistic. Markov scored the PP goal after the draw and Pleks' goal came on the counterattack. All-in-all, we played a solid road game against an opponent who did give an effort.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal

He seemed to take over-complicated decisions with the puck, resulting in apparent shakiness and what seemed to be multi-turnovers.
However, he was present physically, and was emotionally implicated in the game, he went over to Lucic to ask him why he wasn't ringing Notre-Dame-de-Paris' bells yet, and Lucic rightfully sucker punched him after the refs had arrived.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Can you give some example of me attacking the poster? You're just upset because I don't buy into the mainstream thinking and I've been defending MT and DD in the majority of my posts. I don't want to be hated but I'll keep defending them as long as we are on the top of the league.
Hmm, seems like I jumped the gun there for now. But I'd rather take Monctonscout to task with his poorly crafted arguments than your "not-really-an-argument" argument defending DD.

You underestimate me. I don't take "sides" or follow the trends of other posters. Lafleurs Guy and Kriss E are guys I have had differences in opinion with in certain matters in the past. But when it comes to DD, the evidence seems to have me in agreement with them.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Habs were just good enough to win. Price was rock solid, and while the bruins threw every puck they could at the net, habs boxed them out pretty well on second chances. When you play 5 games in 8 nights, you just accept two points without asking too many questions.

Bryan allen was about as bad as you can be without allowing a goal. He was out of sorts all night, and had no cohesion with his partners.

Part of that can be fixed with practice time with the team, but part of that is also worrisome that he just may not fit. We will need a larger sample size before drawing conclusions though.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I missed the game but saw the boxscore. The Habs were outshot 33-23. Were the Broons shooting from center ice?
They were floating ala Pacioretty. :sarcasm:

Aside from Price saving the day too many times it was business as usual.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Hmm, seems like I jumped the gun there for now. But I'd rather take Monctonscout to task with his poorly crafted arguments than your "not-really-an-argument" argument defending DD.

You underestimate me. I don't take "sides" or follow the trends of other posters. Lafleurs Guy and Kriss E are guys I have had differences in opinion with in certain matters in the past. But when it comes to DD, the evidence seems to have me in agreement with them.
That's my greatest weakness, I underestimate posters. We can disagree all year long but tonight isn't a suitable time or place.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Beyond his performance and his spot with the habs... he's a great role model. Had to work like nobody else to earn his chance.

B.S.

Sure, he worked hard and had to earn a spot at pretty much every level...

but because other guys were drafted doesnt mean they didnt work as hard.

Dont think it was any easier for guys like Eller to go from home to Sweden, to AHL, to Blues then traded to Habs... or Sekac to the OHL for a short stint, then the US, then back to Europe (KHL) then to NA with the Habs... or PAP who played his first full NHL season at 27...

pretty sure all these guys worked their ass off to be where they are today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad