Pre-Game Talk: Habs travel to Raleigh

Going to the Game, which Sweater should I wear?

• #4 Beliveau RED

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • #4 Beliveau WHITE

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • #14 Suzuki RED (SCF)

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • #27 Romanov RED (SCF)

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • #22 Caufield RED (SCF)

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • #6 Weber WHITE (SCF)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
There might be a lot of red in the crowd.
Go with one of the white ones.

Reactions: Eco

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The time is now. Habs play against the Hurricanes, in a game in which I will be at.

With that being said, let me know which sweater you think I should rep as I sit just a few rows behind the Habs bench.

Let's go Habs
So you're saying it's safe to wear the opponents jersey there? unlike it used to be in Boston,NY and Philly?

Perhaps prudence is necessary and best avoid Suzuki or Romonav's. Go with the white Beliveau,hopefully they will respect that man.

A pretty long drive for a game,can have the time to take in a round or two of golf? some pretty good course along that route.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
So you're saying it's safe to wear the opponents jersey there? unlike it used to be in Boston,NY and Philly?

Perhaps prudence is necessary and best avoid Suzuki or Romonav's. Go with the white Beliveau,hopefully they will respect that man.

A pretty long drive for a game,can have the time to take in a round or two of golf? some pretty good course along that route.

It's only 6 hours, and I got a hotel right near PNC.

I'm not sure it's safe, as they try and act tough, but I don't care really. I'll wear my white Beliveau and while I don't expect anyone to know who that is, maybe a few people will wiki him and learn about his greatness. Just hope I don't get beer or shit thrown at me.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

I'm not sure it's safe, as they try and act tough, but I don't care really. I'll wear my white Beliveau and while I don't expect anyone to know who that is, maybe a few people will wiki him and learn about his greatness. Just hope I don't get beer or shit thrown at me.
Could be friendlier there than some arenas as some friends have gone to most and have been beat up and mugged at a few wearing Habs colors but haven't been to Raleigh yet. Best of luck and if we don't hear back from you,we get it!:crossfing

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

It's safe there. You may get some ribbing, but I can't see anymore than that. The last time I went, the fans around me kept chanting "Aho" over and over again.

I went with Suzuki, since he's relative to the team now and will hopefully score or get points. Plus I'd be pissed if one of my Beliveau jerseys got dirty in anyway lol

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's safe there. You may get some ribbing, but I can't see anymore than that. The last time I went, the fans around me kept chanting "Aho" over and over again.

I went with Suzuki, since he's relative to the team now and will hopefully score or get points. Plus I'd be pissed if one of my Beliveau jerseys got dirty in anyway lol
Could it be contingent by who and what you are and who and what you're with? Not saying hockey fans are intolerant but having been in the States with my Japanese mrs as she was a guest lecturer at a few universities,she got some pretty awful treatment and some of things that spewed out of theirs mouths were reprehensible.:dunno:

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Could it be contingent by who and what you are and who and what you're with? Not saying hockey fans are intolerant but having been in the States with my Japanese mrs as she was a guest lecturer at a few universities,she got some pretty awful treatment and some of things that spewed out of theirs mouths were reprehensible.:dunno:
That's definitely possible. As I should have pointed out that I was speaking mainly from my own personal experience. Normally when I go to opposing teams arenas. I'm with a fairly large group (5 or 6) other guys.

I've heard cruel stories, but have never witnessed them first hand myself. The worst that has happened to me happened in Hamilton. During an Islanders vs Canadiens game. I was sitting in an aisle seat, next to my younger brother. A big guy, wearing an Islander jersey walked up to me. Reached his hand in my popcorn, and grabbed a handful. Before I could react, his wife shrugged and also grabbed a handful of my popcorn.

When I finally got it together. I stood up, and noticed that we were surrounded by Islander fans. So I held it in, and sat back down. At the end of the period, the guy came down to talk to me. This time I was ready. Whether this jerk off was going to end up killing me or not. I was going to stand up for myself. Just as I was about to say something. He yelled over to the beer guy, and ordered a couple of beers for my brother and I. He handed us the beers and apologized. It turns out that his fellow Islander fans had been ragging him all period.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That's definitely possible. As I should have pointed out that I was speaking mainly from my own personal experience. Normally when I go to opposing teams arenas. I'm with a fairly large group (5 or 6) other guys.

I've heard cruel stories, but have never witnessed them first hand myself. The worst that has happened to me happened in Hamilton. During an Islanders vs Canadiens game. I was sitting in an aisle seat, next to my younger brother. A big guy, wearing an Islander jersey walked up to me. Reached his hand in my popcorn, and grabbed a handful. Before I could react, his wife shrugged and also grabbed a handful of my popcorn.

When I finally got it together. I stood up, and noticed that we were surrounded by Islander fans. So I held it in, and sat back down. At the end of the period, the guy came down to talk to me. This time I was ready. Whether this jerk off was going to end up killing me or not. I was going to stand up for myself. Just as I was about to say something. He yelled over to the beer guy, and ordered a couple of beers for my brother and I. He handed us the beers and apologized. It turns out that his fellow Islander fans had been ragging him all period.
Hamilton Ontario? WTF? were they Yanks? ok they tried to smooth things over,but still. Pretty shitty behavior whatever they were.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Could be friendlier there than some arenas as some friends have gone to most and have been beat up and mugged at a few wearing Habs colors but haven't been to Raleigh yet. Best of luck and if we don't hear back from you,we get it!:crossfing

About 10 years ago, I lost my friends coming out of the Bruins arena at the end of the game and my phone needed to be charged. Was wearing a Subban Jersey and no cab would pick me up. Had to walk about 8-10 blocks and I tell yeah, I was fearing for my life. The things said to me were very concerning. Good thing I got some decent size and can run if I needed to. :laugh:.

Boston is very aggressive. Not sure about Philly or other hostile cities. Been to games in Florida and Arizona and no problems at all. Doubt the Canes are hostile

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Hamilton Ontario? WTF? were they Yanks? ok they tried to smooth things over,but still. Pretty shitty behavior whatever they were.
Yes, at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton Ontario. Now known as the First Ontario Centre. I'm not sure, there were some fans from Buffalo. Who apologized to my brother and I for the guys behavior. Yes, but only after their peers gave them a hard time. I'm not sure if he would have done it on his own accord. Yeah it was, especially since my brother and I were two young adults. Simply minding our own business.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
About 10 years ago, I lost my friends coming out of the Bruins arena at the end of the game and my phone needed to be charged. Was wearing a Subban Jersey and no cab would pick me up. Had to walk about 8-10 blocks and I tell yeah, I was fearing for my life. The things said to me were very concerning. Good thing I got some decent size and can run if I needed to. :laugh:.

Boston is very aggressive. Not sure about Philly or other hostile cities. Been to games in Florida and Arizona and no problems at all. Doubt the Canes are hostile
By myself, wearing a Subban jersey, after a Bruins vs Habs game. Especially if Montreal had won lol Yeah I'd be scared for my life too.

I've been to several games in Boston. For both the Bruins and the Red Sox. The fans there can be brutal. If I had a dollar for every time I was told that my Mom must have had relations with a farm animal lol I'd be super rich. Most of the fans are pretty cool though. I've partied in bars after games with them a bunch of times.

Philly fans though are worse. They go way below the decency level when it comes to insults. Quebec was a close second. But I loved every minute of it. Detroit was scary, but not because of the fans. I wouldn't recommend walking around near the arena.

Of the 32 teams, I've probably been to about 40 different arenas. Some teams (Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Philly, Toronto) I've been to more than one arena. I still have a few on my bucket list. (Arizona, Columbus, Edmonton, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Vancouver, Vegas)

My two favourites are the old Chicago Stadium and The MTS Centre in Winnipeg. Both are/were very loud, exciting places to watch a game. Especially in the playoffs.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

We have a place in the Carolinas (are there now). You'll be fine wearing an opposing jersey. Don't be obnoxious, and nobody will care.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
We have a place in the Carolinas (are there now). You'll be fine wearing an opposing jersey. Don't be obnoxious, and nobody will care.
Never had any issues in the Carolinas aside from a guy that wanted to be greased a bit more than it called for,of course he was named Bubba.
The problem with obnoxious people is that they are not aware they are obnoxious. A one time friend of mine is and is oblivious to it,he got worked over in NY by a Captain of the NYPD. If you remember Inspector Lugar from Barney Miller,that was him,but in uniform.:laugh: Glad to hear things are a bit more civil there though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

The folks in NC are the best. I have been in that arena literally dozens of times dating all the back to early 2000.

Loud fans and they love their team.

Wear #27!

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Outside of Montreal.seen more games in Arizona than anywhere else,love it there. Nothing at all to be even mentioned expect poor attendance. Florida I had no issues but a friend got robbed/mugged trying to get tickets at the promenade,but he is a bit unlucky as he was also kidnapped in Central America.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I spent a few weeks there at a friend's place back in my hippy days. Was a cool place not too many rednecks. NASCAR country.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I spent a few weeks there at a friend's place back in my hippy days. Was a cool place not too many rednecks. NASCAR country.
Nascar eh? fun! round and round we go. Haven't encountered many rednecks there,try west Virginia,we got shot at just driving where we apparently should not have been driving,who knew?:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad