Post-Game Talk: Habs travel to California to catch fire. Instead, MB's seat keeps getting hotter.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hard to put in words watching this franchise in this state. Where is the crowd that kept clamoring “relax, it’s only preseason”??

It will take 3-5 years to correct this mess if they decided a new direction was needed. I don’t think a new direction is being looked at by the owner as long as the Bell Center is full and people are buying 10.00 beers and hot dogs.
Habs will lose again tonight by another 4-1, 5-2 score.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I was always told that Weber was going to FIX the PP. I kept hearing, he had 14 PP goals! Now he needs to be carried on the PP too?

Have you noticed how little he gets the puck, for his shot though? Mete feeds him last night, boom its in. The other teams isolate Weber, and the team is lost for some reason, like there is no other option on the PP according to the coaching staff. Everyone knows the puck is going to Weber, and there is nothing else going on .

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I was always told that Weber was going to FIX the PP. I kept hearing, he had 14 PP goals! Now he needs to be carried on the PP too?

He's great at what he does on the PP - shooting the puck.

Thinking he would change the dynamic all by himself though was always a bit mislead. While Subban wasn't quite as good of a shooter, he brought a lot of other things to the table that made him arguably an even bigger overall threat on the PP. At ES it's not even comparable.

But it is what it is. I thought Weber looked good yesterday. I thought the team looked pretty decent from what I've seen overall. Drouin was dangerous all night and Galchenyuk had a few nice plays. There's still some puzzling line-up decisions that are holding this group back in my opinion, starting with Galchenyuk on the 4th line.

It doesn't really matter to me either way. I've never been as antipathetic to this team as I am now. Every loss gets us closer to a revamped management group and a good draft pick, so I'm just along for the ride at this point.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

Subban and Weber are pretty much identical on the PP.....we just try to set them up for the big one timer....that has been the PP strategy for 5+ years, other teams know it

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Right? Claude is pulling a Therrien

I said this with Therrien too, but its hard to criticize coaches for weird line-up decisions when they ALL make weird line-up decisions.

That said, I suspect Claude will change up the lines soon too, because what he has right now is clearly not working and Montreal is already to bad defensively and weak offensively to keep Galchenyuk on the 4th line.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
A "vote of confidence" in the media means very little and is strictly PR. We've seen it hundreds of times across all sports.

Not just sports. Its slightly concerning if that's actually his thoughts, but that response is expected.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
You get the feeling that Molson is genuine in his support of Bergevin though, especially with the 5 year extension.

It's a dumpster fire boys. Now get ready for Bergevin's sell the future trade that's coming that may set the organization back another 3-4 years. It's coming.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Boycott the Bell Center. He basically tweeted that the Bell Center is full so the hell with the fans wanting a better product
I can assure you that im not going to watch the habs this year, I will tell my friends to do the same. Im more interested in watching a Rockets game right now if im going in Montréal

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
20+ goals from a D-man is a pretty big part of the value, that's easily top 5 in D-man goal scoring. The Habs PP is poorly designed because they have no threats on the right side so teams have been cheating coverage tight on Weber.

You realize "the value" is not 20 goals but more like 10 right? The player he replaced has no issues scoring an average of 10 per season, and brings a lot more to the table overall - like actually being a game breaker.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Markov making acomeback
Boycott the Bell Center. He basically tweeted that the Bell Center is full so the hell with the fans wanting a better product

Agreed. Should be fun if we lose all 3 games coming back home to the Florida Panthers!!! I'm sure people will run to go watch that show!!!

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
Alzner has been okay defensively considering how the rest of the D-man have been playing. But despite the 3 assists, look at his relance. Next game, Alzner lovers look at the pass he mades in the D-zone...When he doesnt miss his passes, the execution is so slow that the receivers cant do a single thing with the puck. Yep the fowards are not producing, but 3 D's with no puck moving skill in the lineup are not helping and Alzner is probably the worst of them not named Benn

I'm not sure what games you are watching, but Alzner has been on the ice for over HALF of the teams goals against. Snow Angels ain't cutting it here.

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
Subban and Weber are pretty much identical on the PP.....we just try to set them up for the big one timer....that has been the PP strategy for 5+ years, other teams know it

Uhhhhh.... no??? Seriously what are you smoking. PK is much more than a shot on the PP. He can actually pass and move his feet.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Uhhhhh.... no??? Seriously what are you smoking. PK is much more than a shot on the PP. He can actually pass and move his feet.

Absolutely. Can you imagine Weber walking out of the box, flying in on a breakaway, deking the goalie out of his jock and burying it in the net like PK did against the Bruins?

At this point in his career, Weber is just a defensively sounder, less meaner version of Souray.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1-4-1 record to start (3 pts). 4 road games and 2 home games.

6 more games left in October. 3 home games and 3 road games. Lets say we play .500 hockey. That is a 4-7-1 record at the end of the month.

Best we can hope for is 5-6-1 and it could be 3-8-1! In November, we got 9 home games and 6 road games. If we are able to get out of this hole, it's going to take some time. One way or another, we are going to learn a lot about this team with our new coach! Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
They won't smell the Kings tonight. I'll predict they lose by at least 4 goals. Than Anaheim will toy with them too... They may or may not beat the Panthers when they come home, but I wouldn't count on them there. LA will come up and beat them again, and the Rangers they have a shot against since they're almost as bad as the Habs. Close out October with a loss to the Sens, and you're well on your way to Fallin for Dahlin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad