Speculation: Habs trades

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If and when you trade Paciretty you need to get back a package in return especially a future #1 center like....Lias Andersson,Henrik Borgstrom,PLD.

I seriously can't see anyone trading a future #1 center for a winger with 1.5 years left on his contract... even a great winger like patches.

Reactions: go4hockey

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I agree on all points. I just find it kind of funny all the Habs fans just wanted to trade Price, Weber, Patches etc. but after getting these 4 wins in a row there's suddenly a proposal for acquiring Kane.

Yah. I don't buy until a fair bit later. I get the idea, buy from a position of strength. 4 wins in a row, and up tick in play; things are improving. There's still a lot to sort out though.

Whether it's Kane, or Neal, we're not getting a center that would realistically help, so adding goals to the wings does help.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
VALUE
center>>winger
6M for a first or second line centre is excellent.

RNH>> any centre we have, including Drouin who i love

At some point Pacioretty gone, as his next contract will be huge, and he not worth it as would be paying for past goals.
Bergevin trades for guys with term on good contracts, as a rule.

Saying a center is worth more than a winger is very general and far from always true. $6M for an inconsistent second line center is not great, far from it. He may be better that any center we have but he is not worth giving up the guy with the 5th most goals since the lockout. He will not replace the lost goals.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I agree on all points. I just find it kind of funny all the Habs fans just wanted to trade Price, Weber, Patches etc. but after getting these 4 wins in a row there's suddenly a proposal for acquiring Kane.
Honestly I was giving up on this team like about 99% of the fans, the team was just that bad with no structure at all but lately with the Jerabek callup, Schemko back from injury and Jesus Price back in full force, the team has been playing much much better and we are finally starting to see a solid structure in front of Price.. This team still lacks skills on their top 2 lines but the chimestry between players seems to develop lately and headed in the right direction.. With so many changes in the off season and the way the Habs were playing since the begin of the season, it was normal for the fans to doubt about the product on ice.. Dont know if we make the playoffs since the parity is completely sick, but at least we now know our team isnt as horrible as we thought it was..

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I wonder if the Habs should just try to acquire top 6 centers. There is two of them talked about possibly able to be moved.

Nugent-Hopkins
Reinhart

Maybe a deal around:

Pacioretty
Plekanec

for

Nugent-Hopkins
Maroon

Add where needed.

2nd maybe something of:

Galchenyuk

for

Reinhart

Maybe add Mete and a pick or picks and add Kane?

Center would look like:

Nugent-Hopkins
Reinhart
Danault
De La Rose

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I am totally on board with trading pacioretty, and muzzin is a solid player. But I would prefer if habs put a package together for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins instead. Oil need wingers and D-men. I wonder if Pacioretty + Carr + Benn + 2 rounder would be enough?

Regarding
Perron concussion city
Neal sure
Kane sure but that a overpay by a lot
:laugh: I wouldn't trade Patches straight up for RNH let alone add.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
VALUE
center>>winger
6M for a first or second line centre is excellent.

RNH>> any centre we have, including Drouin who i love

At some point Pacioretty gone, as his next contract will be huge, and he not worth it as would be paying for past goals.
Bergevin trades for guys with term on good contracts, as a rule.
Top 1st line winger > than a 2nd line Center.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I wonder if the Habs should just try to acquire top 6 centers. There is two of them talked about possibly able to be moved.

Nugent-Hopkins
Reinhart

Maybe a deal around:

Pacioretty
Plekanec

for

Nugent-Hopkins
Maroon

Add where needed.

2nd maybe something of:

Galchenyuk

for

Reinhart

Maybe add Mete and a pick or picks and add Kane?

Center would look like:

Nugent-Hopkins
Reinhart
Danault
De La Rose
SAY WHAT? OMG:facepalm:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad