Ottawa
I'm sick to my stomach while also enraged

And my rational thought is telling me I'm exagerrating

Is it possible I overrate Subban?

Maybe....but I still don't like this trade

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There is truth in this. If Subban had gone for 6-7 mill he probably would still be here, but 9 mill for a guy who scored 6 goals last season is a heck of a lot
The truth is that our GM can't evaluate talent and we have an idiot coach. That's the reason why Subban's going to Nashville.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Watching the replies to Geoff tweet....i ****ing love Habs fans.

**** these clowns

god i miss Mr.Gillet.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Just like Andy said....not only it's a bad deal based on what we know and saw...it will be even worst when Weber will start regressing soon and when Subban will thrive in Nashville.

Yup. MAYBE for the next year or two the deal won't look pathetically laughable. But it will soon.

void

Jan 5, 2006

Subban was much more than just a hockey player to us. You're not exaggerating one bit.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
My condolences on this atrocious trade...when you think of the Habs 2 players come to mind...Price and PK. Weber is a good d-man, but is gonna regress hard over the next couple years.

If any of you need a 2nd team to support...we always have room :nod:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
At the end of the day... this is a huge deal. Love it, like it, dislike it, or hate it... we're THE SAME ****ING TEAM AS WE WERE YESTERDAY.

The improvements better be ****ing coming. We should have $8.5M in cap space after signing Danault & Carr... and the rest better ****ing be put to good use. And that's not David Perron, Matt Martin, Andrew Ladd (unless cheap), or Dale ****ing Weise.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
''for his sake Weber will play about 22 minutes''

LOL ****ing MT's clown ass played Markov over 26 minutes many times last season. Gord Miller is so dumb.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

It will be worse when a Subban no longer held back by an archaic coach and motivated by wanting to prove that the Habs made a mistake has a career year.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Somehow lost in all of the madness, Shea Weber will play an important role for Canada in the World Cup. Subban won't even travel there.

YouAreTheGovt

Oct 20, 2011
Nashville, TN
Weber is WAY underrated being in the Nashville market. You all need to quit leaping off the cliffs...Weber is a fantastic defenseman, and he would be held in higher regard if he played for just about any team other than Nashville. He has deserved 2 Norris trophies easily and has bagged 0.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
There is truth in this. If Subban had gone for 6-7 mill he probably would still be here, but 9 mill for a guy who scored 6 goals last season is a heck of a lot

And Subban is being paid 9M because our dumbass GM forced a bridge deal on him instead of a long term deal. Karlsson and Doughty will be getting 11M+ in three years. Gonna call them overpaid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad