Confirmed with Link: Habs trade Shea Weber to Vegas for Dadanov (Mod warning post #987)

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
People whining over this, really ? We dropped an anchor of a contract for a 'cap dump' that had 43pts last season, won't have that many points here but whatever, last year of his contract and we just have to trade him at 50% at the TDL. Could also mean Hoffman/Drouin are traded.

Unless some still think we'll compete next season, of course.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Getting rid of Weber’s contract without giving anything in return? Well, that is interesting!

Thank you for your hard work, your crazy slap shots and your mean stares to our opponents in your time here Shea!

So, is P.K. coming back next season? ;)

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I dont get how people dont get it?
Hughes didnt want the LTIR anymore plus it restricted us in the offseason because sheas cap hit is ON the cap on the offseason
Get an expiring deal, and a LWer that can hang and play for 1 year, as a stop gap while we rebuild, cant be worse than Hoffman or drouin ffs lol
And if he is as bad? ALSO great!

Good work HuGo

Angler

Apr 23, 2017
I have nothing but respect for Weber.

I like this deal though. He’s a useful player that can be traded down the road if needed. If not it’s only 1 year. At the trade deadline he won’t cost much in cap space and is low risk for the buyer.

How many teams are on his no movement list?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad