Prospect Info: Habs top 10 prospects according to Pronman

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think it is ridiculous that McCarron is that low and Hudon is not a better prospect than Scherbak IMO....

Top 10 des espoirs des Canadiens

1-Charles Hudon
2-Noah Juulsen
3-Nikita Scherbak
4-Martin Reway
5-Artturi Lehkonen
6-Jarred Tinordi
7-Zachary Fucale
8-Sven Andrighetto
9-Jérémy Grégoire
10-Michael McCarron

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I think it is ridiculous that McCarron is that low and Hudon is not a better prospect than Scherbak IMO....

Top 10 des espoirs des Canadiens

1-Charles Hudon
2-Noah Juulsen
3-Nikita Scherbak
4-Martin Reway
5-Artturi Lehkonen
6-Jarred Tinordi
7-Zachary Fucale
8-Sven Andrighetto
9-Jérémy Grégoire
10-Michael McCarron

Scherbak should be first and I think McCarron should be top 5. reway is too high.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I still remember Corey telling me that he loved Michael Cichy and that Subban would be lucky to make the NHL. He also had Grigorenko as one of the top three prospects of the 2012 drafts.

Pronman is not always right, so don't worry.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think he has the right players in the very wrong order, Ghetto over Lehkonen for sure

Last edited:

JackZap

May 7, 2009
I still remember Corey telling me that he loved Michael Cichy and that Subban would be lucky to make the NHL. He also had Grigorenko as one of the top three prospects of the 2012 drafts.

if this is true, he should just quit and find something else to do

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I think he has the right players in the very wrong order, I'd probably put Ghetto in over Lehkonen though

Agree. I would have Scherbak #1

1-Nikita Scherbak
2-Noah Juulsen
3-Charles Hudon
4-Michael McCarron
5-Jarred Tinordi
6-Sven Andrighetto
7-Martin Reway
8-Artturi Lehkonen
9-Zachary Fucale.....honest I really don't know where to place him
10-Jeremy Gregoire

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Mine is

1. Nikita Scherbak
2. Mike McCarron
3. Charles Hudon
4. Jacob De La Rose
5. Noah Juulsen
6. Jarred Tinordi
7. Lukas Vejdemo
8. Sven Andrighetto
9. Magnus Nygren
10. Zachary Fucale
11. Artturi Lehkonen
12. Martin Reway
13. Brett Lernout
14. Darren Dietz
15. Christian Thomas

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Top ten talent/pro potential at the moment for me :

1-Nikita Scherbak
2-Charles Hudon
3-Michael McCarron
4-Noah Juulsen
5-Martin Reway
6-Sven Andrighetto
7-Daniel Carr
8-Artturi Lehkonen
9-Zachary Fucale
10-Jeremy Gregoire

An argument could be made for Reway at number 3 on pure talent alone. I put him slightly lower because I don't know how well his game would translate to the NA pro game.

I don't consider DLR and Tinordi ''prospects'' anymore so I didn't put them on the list. Nygren I sadly don't really see as part of the organization in the future.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
lol Reway

Upside wise only Scherbak is comparable to Reway. I would say good chance Reway never plays in the NHL though. His attitude isn't one the old boys club NHL likes very much.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Mine is

1. Nikita Scherbak
2. Mike McCarron
3. Charles Hudon
4. Jacob De La Rose
5. Noah Juulsen
6. Jarred Tinordi
7. Lukas Vejdemo
8. Sven Andrighetto
9. Magnus Nygren
10. Zachary Fucale
11. Artturi Lehkonen
12. Martin Reway
13. Brett Lernout
14. Darren Dietz
15. Christian Thomas

Good list. I forgot about JDR being a prospect and definitely would have Nygren in my top 10.
I know nothing about Vejdemo. Never seen him play and have read very little about him, so I wouldn't be able to rank him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Upside wise only Scherbak is comparable to Reway. I would say good chance Reway never plays in the NHL though. His attitude isn't one the old boys club NHL likes very much.

Offensive upside maybe, but when you look at the whole picture...

If he doesn't make the NHL, it's not because of the Old boys club mentality, it would be because he didn't develop his defensive acumen to the bare minimum and/or can't survive the toughness of the NHL.

Good list. I forgot about JDR being a prospect and definitely would have Nygren in my top 10.
I know nothing about Vejdemo. Never seen him play and have read very little about him, so I wouldn't be able to rank him.

To be fair, my list is mostly from my opinion of the reports I got and my gut feeling, which can be very right ( Gallagher) or very wrong (Avstyn). For Vejdemo, I think it's the TT/Grant talk on the kid that gives me a good feeling.

NewHabsEra*

I would say Hudon is possibly as skilled as Reway but is a way way more complete and responsible player.. I think Habs board ranking is pretty bang on..

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
I would say Hudon is possibly as skilled as Reway but is a way way more complete and responsible player.. I think Habs board ranking is pretty bang on..
Im one of kid Huds biggest fans, but nuh uh! Reway is more skilled for sure!

That says more about Reway than it does about Hudon though, as Hudon does have some serious talent.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Top 10 as in most talented or most pro ready/current dept chart ? Espoirs just means hopeful/prospects right ?

'Espoirs' = prospects. Not a literal translation but that's as close as gets.

We often say prospects in french anyways. :laugh:

And yeah, strange list. Seems it's randomly based on upside half the time, and NHL readiness the other half. And Juulsen is way too high.

NewHabsEra*

Im one of kid Huds biggest fans, but nuh uh! Reway is more skilled for sure!

That says more about Reway than it does about Hudon though, as Hudon does have some serious talent.

Reway is all about flash, he makes alot of low % plays and turn the puck over alot..

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
What Reway did in a pro league last year is impressive nonetheless, if only on the stat sheet. I won't pretend that I caught many [any] of his games last season, but we all know he's a talented kid with a ton of upside.

I really like our prospect pool in general. Seems like there's a lot of high end talent that could turn into top 6 players in Scherbak/Reway/Andrighetto/Lekhonen/Vejdemo. Other guys that could end up playing a certain role anywhere in the line-up in different capacities in DLR/McCarron/Hudon, and we have some depth on defense too. There's not a lot of high profile players in there, but 5 years from now, I'm pretty sure a few of them will have established themselves as key cogs on our team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Pronman is never right, he is obsessed with midgets and players who are puck-handlers, while bigger guys are always slighted in his rankings, his rankings read like a report on who'll score the most points in junior and not whose game is best suited for a move to the NHL.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

Pretty much everyone had Grigorenko in the top three (behind Yakupov, and very closely tied with Galchenyuk) heading into the 2012 draft...it was a huge shock when he and Forsberg (consensus #4) dropped as low as they did.

2012 was a highly unusual draft class...it's otherwise unheard of for 8 of the top 10 spots to go to defensemen.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It's a very strange "top 10" in a lot of ways. Tinner is still on the list, fine but To see Big Mac at 10 makes me question if he's ever seen him play or just read the McCarron thread to form his opinion. McCarron was a monster for Oshawa in the playoffs after being traded and adjusting to a new team. 10?? Weird. I would have him too 2 or 3 right now with Scherbak and Juulsen as prospects who will be regular and solid NHLers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad