Post-Game Talk: Habs snap SJ curse. Win in SJ 4-0

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Wow!!! THis was all Jake Allen, although I thought Habs played decent first couple of period. THird was bad... totally one-sided. If it weren't for Allen...

But I'll take them any way they come. Great game by Romanov! What a solid hit at the end there...Bone crushing.

So... Habs go on a 10 game winning streak now?

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
The Habs didn’t win this one, Jake Allen won this one. Allen channeled his inner Carey Price and came back from a bad loss to be dominant. He should have been first, second and third star.

Romanov, Gallagher and Anderson all had their first goals of the year, and Romanov was an assist shy of the Gordie Howe hat trick. Thought he played his best game by far this year, scored a nice goal and threw some big hits.

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
Allen was just amazing, especially in the first and third. Looks like Habs will be streaky in goal scoring again. I expect many blow outs on both sides into the season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The Habs didn’t win this one, Jake Allen won this one. Allen channeled his inner Carey Price and came back from a bad loss to be dominant. He should have been first, second and third star.

Romanov, Gallagher and Anderson all had their first goals of the year, and Romanov was an assist shy of the Gordie Howe hat trick. Thought he played his best game by far this year, scored a nice goal and threw some big hits.

It's his passing that I'm most watching to see if he can improve on.

He had one glaring turnover that I recall. But hopefully he'll learn from it.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Niku and Romanov both bring something very exciting to the game, but they're also high danger players defensively. Not sure the coaches enjoy this as much as us.

Armia and the 4th line finally came out to play. Excellent shifts deep in the o-zone to set the pace. That's what we need from them.

Drouin had a great performance following a very bad one. I hope we see this more often.

Happy for Gallagher!

Suzuki is showing slow improvements every game. It's coming.

Caufield has lost his confidence. Talent is obviously there. He needs a break in his favor.

I like Hoffman. He's an offensive threat. Toffoli is barely noticeable.

Kulak was one of the more steady D tonight, which is not normal.

We need more of Petry. He played harder tonight, but that's not good enough.

Allen was phenomenal.

For all the talk about Price, Weber, Danault, Tatar and Edmundson, I think Byron is also missed quite a lot. This is a slower team without him. We need his speed on the PK.

Last edited:

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Gotta give Drouin his props, another solid effort by him. Lotta good in this game, Allen was superb, Hoffman keeps scoring, Gally got the monkey off his back, Romy looked better, Lehks playing at 150% as usual etc. The bad? Petry, I don't know what is going on with him.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Every night in my dreams...

lkpnfw2pobw71.jpg

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The day Romanov is going to pull all his skills and talent together he will be a machine out there! I just hope that day will arrive while he's still part of this organization...

There's the possibility that he will never be able to do it also... Often it seems like he struggles to read/anticipate the game and that's a red flag.

This was probably his best game in a Habs uniform.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Gotta give Drouin his props, another solid effort by him. Lotta good in this game, Allen was superb, Hoffman keeps scoring, Gally got the monkey off his back, Romy looked better, Lehks playing at 150% as usual etc. The bad? Petry, I don't know what is going on with him.
This to me shows how our development issues are stemming from a lot of stress on the players.

Seen a few guys at our work fizzle out because of how much bs they get from the older guys when they screw up.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The day Romanov is going to pull all his skills and talent together he will be a machine out there! I just hope that day will arrive while he's still part of this organization...

There's the possibility that he will never be able to do it also... Often it seems like he struggles to read/anticipate the game and that's a red flag.

This was probably his best game in a Habs uniform.

That red flag is probably the biggest one out there and I notice it too. Its The difference between an Emelin and a Provorov.

To me he’s much closer to developing into an Emelin at this point.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That red flag is probably the biggest one out there and I notice it too. Its The difference between an Emelin and a Provorov.

To me he’s much closer to developing into an Emelin at this point.
Emelin never had his skating and passing ability! I hope he develops into something more than Emelin...

Canucky

Jun 19, 2021
Wow, I think I fell asleep in the 3rd and had a dream we shut out the Sharks. :)
Posted yesterday that this be the first time in years not going to the SAP. Get only the Sharks feed on TV. They have brought back Drew Remenda to do color. Turned off the game. Damn maybe I'm the curse.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Niku and Romanov both bring something very exciting to the game, but they're also high danger players defensively. Not sure the coaches enjoy this as much as us.

Armia and the 4th line finally came out to play. Excellent shifts deep in the o-zone to set the pace. That's what we need from them.

Drouin had a great performance following a very bad one. I hope we see this more often.

Happy for Gallagher!

Suzuki is showing slow improvements every game. It's coming.

Caufield has lost his confidence. Talent is obviously there. He needs a break in his favor.

I like Hoffman. He's an offensive threat. Toffoli is barely noticeable.

Kulak was one of the more steady D tonight, which is not normal.

We need more of Petry. He played harder tonight, but that's not good enough.

Allen was phenomenal.

For all the talk about Price, Weber, Danault, Tatar and Edmundson, I think Byron is also missed quite a lot. This is a slower team without him. We need his speed on the PK.

At least Caufield's getting chances...

Yes, we are slower, so Byron may help - though I'm not sure who he takes out of the lineup...

Toffoli made some nice defensive plays. But not sure Perreault is the C to get him the puck. Perreault, Dvorak, and Hoffman. We really slowed down as a team...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Emelin never had his skating and passing ability! I hope he develops into something more than Emelin...

The key is in the subtleties of the defensive game. Can he master them. Making the right decision in moving the puck quickly, being in the right area of coverage, etc... he's getting a lot of experience to learn from as we speak...

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
HATE the Sharks
LOVE that Jake Allen and the Habs blanked the f-k out of them.
The first win of many. Get back to the Finals boys, we miss you!
Go Habs Go!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad