Post-Game Talk: Habs slow start , Crosby shows up 5-1 PIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't even know how much to take away from Saturday's game. What's the lesson, don't make idiotic clearing passes? Don't take dumb penalties? The Habs' biggest opponent was their own stupidity, which the Pens were good enough to capitalize on. The game was lost minutes into the 1st.

The last two Saturday nights have been painful reminders of how easily games fall apart with a lack of focus. Obviously the team can't be flawless through 60 minutes every game. But since we can't score our way past our mistakes, focus must become our strength, at least until we have more talent to act as a buffer.

The lesson from Saturday is that a mediocre player is always at his best.

They can learn all they want but some of the players just don't have the talent to assume the roles they're given and it becomes all the more glaring against elite scoring forwards. We need better players, something that is being addressed. Looking like they're just going through this to gain experience for future runs as no one expects them to go too far.

Plus, it's pretty obvious what most teams are doing against the Habs -- raid the left side of the D, it's their weakest link.

Reactions: Lshap

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not gonna lie, when Julien started Benn against Crosby line and he had that giveaway to kick it off I immediately turned off the game to go and enjoy my Saturday night.

Disaster avoidance is an entertainment option when it comes to the Habs.

Seems to me we're seeing more and more posters pulling the plug early rather than sit through a game that is a foregone conclusion.

Reactions: Gally11

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
To be fair though there weren't many rentals available that fit the bill. I was hoping he would somehow get Brodin or Fowler but I guess both teams wanted to either keep them or wanted too much right now. Those players seen more like draft day trades so I wouldn't be surprised to see either move around then. That's where Bergevin needs to make a move as we have both the picks and cap space to be active in the offseason. Theres no excuse for the defense to not be improved heading into next season.
And yet... he'll find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce