Post-Game Talk: Habs sleep after playing 20 minutes against New Jersey. Results as expected.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Montreal full deserved the outcome of the game, and that was just for those bloody awful kits.One positive though was that the RBC logo was not as evident,win some,lose some.lol.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
From the 2 periods I watched... Savard... good god. What a terrible game he had. I mean most of the team had a pretty bad game but Habs #1 dman really stood out.

Anyhoo... all is good. After all that positive talk and some rumbling what would Habs do IF they were close to playoffs I think this was a very well deserved dose of cold reality. Not there yet. Trabajo! Trabajo, cabrones.

Not sure where to post this - REM is back to Mtl... recalled today. What does it mean? Who sits? Or anyone else got injured last night?

Reactions: rik schau

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
From the 2 periods I watched... Savard... good god. What a terrible game he had. I mean most of the team had a pretty bad game but Habs #1 dman really stood out.

Anyhoo... all is good. After all that positive talk and some rumbling what would Habs do IF they were close to playoffs I think this was a very well deserved dose of cold reality. Not there yet. Trabajo! Trabajo, cabrones.

Not sure where to post this - REM is back to Mtl... recalled today. What does it mean? Who sits? Or anyone else got injured last night?
Wait did he tear up the A? Savard and a few others were skating in cement compared to NJD.
Devils in the Bell Center (not sure if it includes tonight's game)
27 wins
11 losses
2 ties
3 otl
We've only just started our reclaimation project. #make the Bell Centre ours again

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Habs only had 12 forwards last night, since Armia is also injured, but not long term like Drouin.

Reactions: The Real Timo

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

Pezz has to sit,or Gallagher. I think Pezzettas problem is that he doesn't want to tangle his curly locks.lol.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If this is one of those "tRaP" bullshit comments then it should be known that we have the best xGF/60 in the league when leading. We create more than anyone else when winning. We don't go into a shell. We just take over games completely when winning even more than we usually do. We have a 60% xGF when tied, 62% when trailing, and 67% when leading.
Your team took care of the puck and pounced when we didn't. ALL GAME LONG including the first period when some thought we played well. I didn't, we left you guys wide open and it could have easily been 3-1 given the scoring chances.

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Your team took care of the puck and pounced when we didn't. ALL GAME LONG including the first period when some thought we played well. I didn't, we left you guys wide open and it could have easily been 3-1 given the scoring chances.
The only goal Montreal got was a rather fortuitous bounce to boot.

Reactions: Rapala

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Pezz has to sit,or Gallagher. I think Pezzettas problem is that he doesn't want to tangle his curly locks.lol.

I don't know if pezz has been told to tone it down, but if he isn't bringing that piss and vinegar to the game, then he doesn't provide anything at all.

He needs that to stay in this league, and he hasn't provided any of it this year.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There were some Dach shifts in that 3rd period where you can see what he can become. Love how they played after the game was 4-1. Didn't roll over.
He had some good moments but he was also very bad as were his linemates. Soft passes getting picked off all over the place isn't what we need from those guys.

I don't know if pezz has been told to tone it down, but if he isn't bringing that piss and vinegar to the game, then he doesn't provide anything at all.
He's just not the horse we need in that role. I'm not a fan of our 4th line at all.

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

He needs that to stay in this league, and he hasn't provided any of it this year.
But he does rekindle those Vidal Sassoon commercials memories for me.lol

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
One should never read too much into any two periods. But once the Devils amped up their game we couldn’t match their speed. There’s still too many non skaters on our team. And they were exposed last night. And I’m fairly certain Hughes noticed.
The mantra since he took over, was to build a bigger and faster group.............you can bet he noticed. We are a work, in progress.

It's a loss to a better team, a much better team. I, for one, won't lose any sleep over this.
We all know, there is no way you want to lose sleep for any reason!!

Reactions: OldCraig71

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Devils in the Bell Center (not sure if it includes tonight's game)
27 wins
11 losses
2 ties
3 otl
Yeah well thanks in large part to Mr. Marty Brodeur. Him and Hasek was almost an automatic L. Lucky if we could score 1 goal on these guys. Seriously, all the respect in the world , great goalies, but so glad when they F'd off.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It's okay to lose to/get spanked by a better team. On to the next one.

What happened to Pazetta? He was Hell blazing last year. This year he has no fire, nothing. Doesn't hit, doesn't do shit. WTF
Different style. Habs counter attack and create off the rush, not the cycle. It will be hard for Pezzetta to produce in such an environment, plus he's already a borderline nhler.

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

Different style. Habs counter attack and create off the rush, not the cycle. It will be hard for Pezzetta to produce in such an environment, plus he's already a borderline nhler.
In a much different scenario, I wouldn't consider getting ''spanked'' a loss.lol.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018

We tend to forget that the best call-up option is Ylonen. We don't have guys ready to go this season even if we managed to move Dadonov, Drouin, or anyone else, so I don't feel the need to hate on these guys, they will be gone next year when we have options.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

To tell you the truth I have not been a big fan of our style this year. They should at least cycle when it's a checking line, the fourth line. Like Perry-Armia-Staal last year. It's effective.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Gally come and breathe in the shit machine, you sexy prick.

liquor-measures-act-photo-u1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad