Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Jeff Petry for 6 years ($5.5 M AAV)

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Petry is the second best defenseman on the team by a fairly large margin, but he should play on the second pairing because Subban is the second best defenseman in the world. I would also rather have them on separate pairings so one of Petry or Subban is on the ice for 45-50 minutes a game.

Not the way Petry played this year, Markov is still #2 until proven otherwise.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Not the way Petry played this year, Markov is still #2 until proven otherwise.
Completely disagree, Markov is a defensive liability due to him being one of the slowest players in the league.

Petry will be fine when the team starts playing a proper system

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
sports hernia..

its when your intestine pokes thru your abdomen soooo yeah.. excrutiating

will be back next year

Thanks.

Hernias are awful, awful injuries. Fun fact: they're one of the most chronic injuries an athlete could have (look at: Havlat).

So an already overpaid player, whose career high is a stunning 27 points, might never reach even that level again. He's the best acquisition ever though!

It's what MB does, he overpays.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Petry was playing great until the Benn hit, he was playing like a top pairing Dman.

yup. He was really good up until then and there was a marked difference in his play. Hopefully this hernia doesn't reoccur. He's a huge part of this team.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Hernias are awful, awful injuries. Fun fact: they're one of the most chronic injuries an athlete could have (look at: Havlat).

So an already overpaid player, whose career high is a stunning 27 points, might never reach even that level again. He's the best acquisition ever though!

Would of got 6 mill + on the open market

he was playing absolutely fantastic til Benn destroyed his season

he should be ok tho

what bothered havlat a lot more was his bum shoulder not his sports hernia

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Would of got 6 mill + on the open market

he was playing absolutely fantastic til Benn destroyed his season

he should be ok tho

what bothered havlat a lot more was his bum shoulder not his sports hernia
He's one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. You guys need to understand: he's a 2nd pairing d-man. Nothing more.

JCR

Mar 21, 2016
Not too much excited, let's hope i'm wrong, but under the circumstances, and as long Emelin and Markov left, and we could put much more in place, youngsters defense like Dietz, its a good move!

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Petry is a solid 2nd pairing defensemen, hopefully he's 100% for next season but has been a good pickup.

Absolutely a great signing, every player contributes to making the team a Championship type, Petry showed his desire, work ethic & talent well worth the 6 yr. contract IMHO!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
He's one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. You guys need to understand: he's a 2nd pairing d-man. Nothing more.

When you're picking through the trash you have to find something to give MB credit for. They don't have a lot of options. :laugh:

I liked the Petry pickup but it certainly wasn't a game changer, I guess compared to the rest of his "non-moves" this is the best one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad