Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Jake Evans 2 year contract

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Happy to see him not leave the Canadiens. Hope he can add some weight in the off season and have a productive year in Laval.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Glad it’s done, you always have a concern with NCAA players that they might decided to opt out and test the market.

But if Bergevin tries to use this as a key piece in his PC today, I’m gonna rage out.

Evans has had a great season, but realistically if he’s anything more than a Tyler Bozak I’d be blown away. Tyler Bozak’s of the world don’t address the top 6.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Glad it’s done, you always have a concern with NCAA players that they might decided to opt out and test the market.

But if Bergevin tries to use this as a key piece in his PC today, I’m gonna rage out.

Evans has had a great season, but realistically if he’s anything more than a Tyler Bozak I’d be blown away. Tyler Bozak’s of the world don’t address the top 6.

If he has the kind of career Bozak has I'd be ecstatic.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lets see what he can do

its weird it feels like the first time in 5 years we dont have to go "do you think theyll try him at center?"

jesus thinking about it, it really is unacceptable we've had to say that for so damn long.... just not right

Reactions: NoQuinn

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Real happy about him staying in the organization. I've seen a ton of him in the past 4 years so I'm glad I'll get to see first hand what he can do at the next level.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Congrats to him. Figured it would happen as it just makes sense, we stink and have no center depth, he's great on face-offs as he was ranked in the top 2 or 3 every year so you figure a natural center prospect would want to sign where there is little center depth. Now the question will be how will his game translate to the AHL/NHL.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad