Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Galchenyuk to 3 year deal, $4.9M AAV

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
according to this Garfield guy and his twitter thats what EDM wanted for RNH unless he got his rumors mixed up?

If thats true (and its obviously probably not), then Bergevin should have offersheeted Draisaitl for big money just as a "**** you".

What an insulting ask that is for RNH. Wow.

You've been attacking his character and person for months now, often relying on his instagram to support your arguments. He hasn't played a professional game in months. Get off it.

You're getting le_sean confused with Mon Oncle Jerry, the prolific birthday cake ranter. He's the one who rips stuff off of Chucky's Instagram and whines about it.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think his struggles last year upon returning from injury were due to terrible fitness levels.

I for one like that he's focusing on that. He's never going to be fast might as well be a worker with great cardio.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I wouldn't be surprised either. I imagine it's quite hard to do cardio with a busted up knee.

His knee wasn't busted forever. His knee needed to be rested, after a couple of weeks, he was back exercising. To read people write it's as if they think he was on his couch for 6 weeks eating pizza, drinking beer and smoking cigarettes. Then he was cleared to play and damn...he was out of shape.
Being injured doesn't mean you're inactive.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I wouldn't be surprised either. I imagine it's quite hard to do cardio with a busted up knee.

I busted my knee 3 years ago and i confirm it's very hard. I could not really do any cardio using my leg for a good two months. And then i had to start very slowly.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

Exactly. I was very critical of AGs play on his return- mostly of his effort levels on the ice- it was a pathetic display. But being in terrible shape would at least be an excuse. Though I do know he and Beaulieau were partying hard during his supposed rehab...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Exactly. I was very critical of AGs play on his return- mostly of his effort levels on the ice- it was a pathetic display. But being in terrible shape would at least be an excuse. Though I do know he and Beaulieau were partying hard during his supposed rehab...

Might be. But realistically it's hard to do good after a knee injury. Takes time. I remember when Markov came back at the end of 2011-2012 season he looked awful for the 13 games he played and there was no progress in his play between the first and 13th game. He did 3 points in 13 games -4. Pretty much everyone were concerned with his play when the 2012-2013 season started.

Same happened with Chara in 2014-2015. He looked bad when he returned from his knee injury. Did only 20 points in 63 games that season and finished +0. Possibly his worst season since he left NYI.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Might be. But realistically it's hard to do good after a knee injury. Takes time. I remember when Markov came back at the end of 2011-2012 season he looked awful for the 13 games he played and there was no progress in his play between the first and 13th game. He did 3 points in 13 games -4. Pretty much everyone were concerned with his play when the 2012-2013 season started.

Same happened with Chara in 2014-2015. He looked bad when he returned from his knee injury. Did only 20 points in 63 games that season and finished +0. Possibly his worst season since he left NYI.

For sure. Definitely glad we didn't trade him. I think his value will never be lower. If he can bounce back with a 30g/30a type season he'll be a big part of this team going forward.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Dr.Recchi is that you? :sarcasm:

Lmao. He does have a point though. Running is great for cardio and that's about it. It messes up your knees, especially if running with a big heeled trainer. It can also leads to shin splints if you arent careful. Running barefoot or in a minimal shoe is better since it allows you to run on the balls of your feet and gives the calves a monster workout while your foot acts as the shock absorber.

Swimming and cycling is low impact resistance training so you build strength while doing it while avoiding injury. Swimming and mountain biking are excellent in particular as they are full body workouts. Kayaking is another good one though its more focused on the upper body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad