Habs sign D Travis Brown to AHL contract

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Drafted in the fifth round by the Chicago Blackhawks in 2012, he is 21 years old and played 71 games in the WHL last year, recording a solid 57 points. We'll see him at the rookie tournament, and he'll provide depth for the IceCaps which is always nice to have.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Brown =
th

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Something terrible has gone wrong with Petry, Subban and Markov if Barberio makes the team

Not necessarily.... its Pateryn vs Gilbert vs Barberio for 1-2 spots at RHD.

Subban and Petry are locks in the top 4, but the third pairing seems up for grabs as does a spot in the press box.

Never know, maybe someone trades for Gilbert (even if we don't get much and just clear us some cap space for use at a later date). This assumes Barberio is showing to be NHL quality in preseason.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Subban and Petry are locks in the top 4, but the third pairing seems up for grabs as does a spot in the press box.

Never know, maybe someone trades for Gilbert (even if we don't get much and just clear us some cap space for use at a later date). This assumes Barberio is showing to be NHL quality in preseason.

Pateryn is on a one way deal now so I'd say worst case scenario for him is still a spot on the 23 man roster if things stay the same. Tinordi would be in that mix as well I guess, they might not want to risk him going on waivers so he'll get every chance possible. That leaves Barberio as the vet call up. Has he played RHD before ? I've never seen him play on his off side with the Bolts.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site

Barberio shoots left... he is in competition with Tinordi more than he is with Pateryn or Gilbert

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Markov PK
Emelin Petry
Beau Gilbert
Pateryn

Tinner Barberio
Lernout Dietz
Bennett Hanley
Ellis Didier
Thrower Brown
Johnston

That's a lot of D. Mind you we have 9 NHL ready guys with the rest being prospects and career NHLers

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Thanks.

Bergevin does likes his defensmen. I wonder how that compares to other teams.

17 NHL contracts out of 50 max doesn't feel like too many...

Barberio shoots left... he is in competition with Tinordi more than he is with Pateryn or Gilbert

My bad... I should have double checked that, I was sure he was another Righty.

Playing LHD makes it even more likely he could push for a spot against Tinordi, as he seems to have little faith from Habs coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

diskkkk

Dec 1, 2012
Never seen him play. Nice height/weight and WHL stats if he's solid defensively. Any scouting report for of style?

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Something terrible has gone wrong with Petry, Subban and Markov if Barberio makes the team

Barberio is LHD insurance. Currently we have:

1. Markov
2. Beaulieu
3. Emelin
4. Tinordi
5. Barberio

Tinordi and Barberio are battling for playing time/roster spot, while trading Emelin is not completely out of the question. He just provides options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad