Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Corey Schueneman (1-Year, 2-Way @ $750K {NHL} / $175K {AHL} - Starts 2021-22

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Great ! I was really hoping they would give him something more solid soon. He's been really good with Laval and he's still young enough to where there might be a future for him with us.

He's earned it. I have a feeling that Veilleux will also get an NHL deal.

It's the Alex Belzile model. Sign for an AHL deal. Play your way into earning an NHL deal. I like that the organization is willing to give these guys a reason to fight and play hard because they know the organization will reward them.

I imagine with Harris opting to return to college next year, a contract spot opened up for a defenseman.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Sign for an AHL deal. Play your way into earning an NHL deal. I like that the organization is willing to give these guys a reason to fight and play hard because they know the organization will reward them.
This is actually an important point. You need to sorround your prospects with a healthy, competitive environment and in order to do that you need to keep your veterans committed.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I wasn't convinced at first, but he's been so good. Really good puck mover and has some nice moves.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I wonder where the NHL deal for RHP is?
He’s a beauty isn’t he!!

I haven’t followed him that much, I’m just going by the few games I watched him play but DAMN.....he’s sure fun to watch, the bonus is he’s a local kid

Reactions: Gravity

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Bouchard says that this might be a surprise to many. To him, it HAS to be done. That's what it is to build a development program. The NHL isn't only made up of 1st round picks.

Bouchard also mentions that there are others the Habs have a focus on. One being Tobie Paquette-Bisson. This kid has been impressing since he got into the line-up.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Bouchard says that this might be a surprise to many. To him, it HAS to be done. That's what it is to build a development program. The NHL isn't only made up of 1st round picks.

Bouchard also mentions that there are others the Habs have a focus on. One being Tobie Paquette-Bisson. This kid has been impressing since he got into the line-up.

If Bisson gets an NHL contract, no way Olofsson is back next year. They already have 4 NHL contracts + 2 other better RFA (FLeury and Leskinen) and Leguerrier who could get a contract.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wasn't convinced at first, but he's been so good. Really good puck mover and has some nice moves.

Sounds like my Beer league scouting report. I also buy beers and wings after the game to keep my spot on the team.

Reactions: dinodebino

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

It's the Alex Belzile model. Sign for an AHL deal. Play your way into earning an NHL deal. I like that the organization is willing to give these guys a reason to fight and play hard because they know the organization will reward them.

Veilleux will be an interesting case. Purely from a production standpoint, he is one of Laval's better vets. He's been a beast for the Rocket for the past 2 years after looking like he was going to be an ECHL lifer.
He's a good story, he's physical and protects the young players, and he can even score. He really checks all the boxes.

Those suspensions tho... those were ugly. I truly don't know if he ruined his chance at a contract after that. I don't support blacklisting players or anything, but he showed a genuine lack of respect for Pospisil

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Veilleux will be an interesting case. Purely from a production standpoint, he is one of Laval's better vets. He's been a beast for the Rocket for the past 2 years after looking like he was going to be an ECHL lifer.
He's a good story, he's physical and protects the young players, and he can even score. He really checks all the boxes.

Those suspensions tho... those were ugly. I truly don't know if he ruined his chance at a contract after that. I don't support blacklisting players or anything, but he showed a genuine lack of respect for Pospisil

He called him the next day and they spoke and Veilleux apologized.

But I don't think the suspensions will have much of an effect on if he gets an NHL deal or not.

Reactions: cphabs

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
He called him the next day and they spoke and Veilleux apologized.

But I don't think the suspensions will have much of an effect on if he gets an NHL deal or not.

That's encouraging at least.

Is he back from suspension yet? Whether or not he wears an A will be telling IMO

Laval bench seemed pretty upset with him after the kneeing incident

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I know plus/minus is a flawed stat, but his was really bad earlier, though he's back to even now. Still way below the rest of the team. Is his defense OK, is the stat just deployment/luck?

In any context I'd have to think he's way behind Leskinen and Brook. Not sure why they would offer him an NHL deal. I know he's had some impressive plays, but I don't watch many AHL games.

Definitely happy to have him in the AHL.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

I imagine with Harris opting to return to college next year, a contract spot opened up for a defenseman.
Winning environment!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Maybe having him on our farm will keep other teams from a “lack of respect” towards our players.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Maybe having him on our farm will keep other teams from a “lack of respect” towards our players.

I'm fine with players throwing big hits to try and fire the team up, even if they end up questionable.

Getting suspended in back to back games for making an obscene/homophobic gesture then throwing a potentially career ending knee is where I draw the line on whether or not I want the player leading our young guys

I may have agreed with a fine for the gesture but Wisniewski set the precedent years ago, lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Great AHL Vet, these types of players are so important in helping our younger players develop. This guy is excellent at this level!

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I'm fine with players throwing big hits to try and fire the team up, even if they end up questionable.

Getting suspended in back to back games for making an obscene/homophobic gesture then throwing a potentially career ending knee is where I draw the line on whether or not I want the player leading our young guys

I may have agreed with a fine for the gesture but Wisniewski set the precedent years ago, lol
Homophobic? I was not aware of this. What did he do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad