Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Cole Caufield 3 year ELC (2020-21 to 2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I just realized watching Caufield’Hockey elite page that his father is Canadian. I think that is great as he must have an appreciation for Canada with family here and won’t want to play only in the States once his contract is up à la Jacob Trouba
His billet family was also Canuck. From Lasalle.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
For me the eye opener was that draft year highlight video of all of his USNDTP goals where you clearly saw that he was the one responsible for Hughes going #1.

The day I saw that video I said to myself "This kid was 4-5 inches away from being 1st overall and somehow he dropped to us."
And those 4-5 inches are an illusion. The way he sees and plays the game, he doesn't need the size

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It's hard not to get excited by Caufield. We haven't had this type of player in what seems like decades. The speed, skill, shot....He has all the tools to be a fantastic player in the NHL one day. The great thing about Caufield is that he seems like the type of player that would thrive playing in a market like Montreal. Not every player is built that way.

When the fans are allowed to come back to the Bell Centre, you can bet your ass he will bring them out of their seats.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Definitely the most exciting prospect we've had since Galchenyuk. I'm looking at our recent drafts to see which prospects were hyped the most. I'm thinking Caufield is going find his way to #1 pretty soon (in terms of pure hype by media/fans)

1. Caufield
2. Galchenyuk
3. Kotkaniemi
4. Leblanc
5. Latendresse
6. Price
7. Kostitsyn
8. Sergachev
9. Pacioretty
10. Subban

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I told my wife the same thing, she didn’t go for it.

tenor.gif

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
He reminds me alot of Mike Cammalleri, his release, one knee on the ice. Cammy was a great NCAA player, and a more then decent NHLer.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Ok, we may have a truly elite player, as well as prospect here. From skill to IQ. Im just a fan but have been watched enough hockey to form an unbiased opinion. Let’s see what he does in in the AHL for a while. No need to rush. Had to pinch myself this morning lol! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Oh, that goal off of his own rebound was fantastic. Not sure how he angled it so high so quickly. Sick part? It was not luck...

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Oh, that goal off of his own rebound was fantastic. Not sure how he angled it so high so quickly. Sick part? It was not luck...

I saw a clip of his old goals after the game and one was the exact same setup/move. He's been practicing those and I'm pretty sure the rebound was on purpose.

Reactions: cphabs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I saw a clip of his old goals after the game and one was the exact same setup/move. He's been practicing those and I'm pretty sure the rebound was on purpose.

It was definitely planned.

I just wonder if he had in mind to try to score off of the initial shot but put the shot in a place where there's an opportunity for a rebound, or if he was thinking 100% shoot to create a rebound and try to score on the rebound.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
It was definitely planned.

I just wonder if he had in mind to try to score off of the initial shot but put the shot in a place where there's an opportunity for a rebound, or if he was thinking 100% shoot to create a rebound and try to score on the rebound.

I don't think he was shooting to score on the initial shot.

Reactions: 26Mats

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Even if the rebound was on purpose? That 2nd rooftop shot was insane.
Let him learn under Bouchard for the remainder of the season. I beg our organization to do so!

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Even if the rebound was on purpose? That 2nd rooftop shot was insane.
Let him learn under Bouchard for the remainder of the season. I beg our organization to do so!
I think he will be up for the playoffs and will be a huge lift for the team

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I think he will be up for the playoffs and will be a huge lift for the team
Yes, let’s drop him into NHL playoffs on a shit/injured roster. If we make it. In any case, we may have something extremely special in CC. I hope we give it some time before pushing him to the NHL out of desperation.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Yes, let’s drop him into NHL playoffs on a shit/injured roster. If we make it. In any case, we may have something extremely special in CC. I hope we give it some time before pushing him to the NHL out of desperation.
You see this is where we disagree, i think this team can become very good in right circumstances, and a pure scorer is one of those needs.
lets agree to disagree. No problem with that

Reactions: cphabs

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Who's the last habs forward prospect to come in with this much hype and actually deserve more than half of it? I'm only three decades old here and this feels like uncharted waters.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
You see this is where we disagree, i think this team can become very good in right circumstances, and a pure scorer is one of those needs.
lets agree to disagree. No problem with that
Absolutely brother/sister! Either way? we are excited! Bravo on the diplomacy!

Reactions: tazsub3

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
lol, and there it is. The hype is real.

I did not change my opinion since over a year now.

Give me 20 players with a better one timer, slap shot, wrist shot than him.

His shot arsenal is amazing

Come on I wait.

First..Who has a better shot arsenal now with the habs Who??

Suzuki...? No he does not have a good one timer.

Kk? No...not able shoot off when he skates.

Weber..yeah..a better one timer and slap shot but a very average wrist shot.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I did not change my opinion since over a year now.

Give me 20 players with a better one timer, slap shot, wrist shot than him.

His shot arsenal is amazing

Come on I wait.

First..Who has a better shot arsenal now with the habs Who??

Suzuki...? No he does not have a good one timer.

Kk? No...not able shoot off when he skates.

Weber..yeah..a better one timer and slap shot but a very average wrist shot.

Do you want to wait till he plays in the NHL, or are you going to freak out like this every game till he does?
Oh and 20 players in the NHL with better shots, are you kidding me right now? First, he doesn't have a deadly slapper, but its accurate.. it certainly isn't a rocket. I mean, can you just let him play 20 games in the NHL and see how he adjusts to the speed/size of the game at the pro level?

Also , throwing Suzuki and JK under the bus already? There is a pattern in Montreal, you have a load of talent before arrival, and then it magically disappears once you spend some time here. You know why Drouin, and the rest of the unreal prospects fail here? They have zero team building behind them. Numbnuts of a GM tries to fix one position for 5 years, forgets about the restof the team. 6 years we have been trying to find a #1 C to dish the puck around. Still aren't there. We need another Dman, still nothing. Don't doubt the shots of Suzuki, he's a proven sniper at every level as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad