Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Barberio 2 years (750K)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
One of the few brightspots last year....he earned this deal

Happy for local boy

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Ehh, decent depth I guess. I wasn't too impressed by him last season. He's still the same player he was in Tampa.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man do we ever overate our players. TB canned him. He was not very good defensively...PERIOD!

We as fans of the Habs need a tad bit higher standards. There is a reason TB did not qualify him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Man do we ever overate our players. TB canned him. He was not very good defensively...PERIOD!

We as fans of the Habs need a tad bit higher standards. There is a reason TB did not qualify him.

Who has overrated him?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

Yet he came in and played well. Lots of players find some measure of success in a new place after failing in another.

No one is saying that he's a savior, or a top pairing guy. We all expect him to be a bottom pairing guy and/or the 7th man. If there's an injury, I have no reservations about putting him in. He could very well earn an everyday spot this Fall too and I wouldn't mind it much at all.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
get rid of emelin ffs

Disagree, no need to create a hole especially when Markov's contract only has 1 more year left on it. Emelin did fine last year.

Barberio and Pateryn will fight each other for # 6 and # 7 D spots, and I'm sure will take turns sitting out. Both are on cheap contracts (presumably). No one in the minors is beating down the doors for a full time spot. This signing makes a lot of sense, and it doesn't mean Emelin is on the way out.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I know its kindof irrelevant, but did we buy a year of free agency ?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That's a perfectly fine deal, he's a local depth guy on a cheap contract and he's young enough to still hope to improve. We don't have any LD in the system that's ready to take that role anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad