Habs should call up Pateryn

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
(bump the thread) What do you think are the chances Pateryn makes the big club as our 2nd/3rd RD this season? Might have missed it in the playoff excitement but GP was signed to a two-year extension in May. He's 24yrs / 6'3" / 220lbs. Could help move Emelin to the left side which imho equals an upgrade on Emelin. Saw him play with the Dogs and I think he has what we need.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Hopefully the full year in the AHL + hard work this summer will make him come to camp ready to open some eyes.

Looks like there will be some hard competition for spots this season with Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn and Nygren.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Either he or Nygren need to slot into the lineup this year. Should be one of Pateryn/Nygren on the right side, and one of Beaulieu/Tinordi on the left side. Can't wait for training camp!

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Either he or Nygren need to slot into the lineup this year. Should be one of Pateryn/Nygren on the right side, and one of Beaulieu/Tinordi on the left side. Can't wait for training camp!

Agree with this, one of Pateryn/Nygren, if Weaver is not returning then there's probably a rookie spot available on RD. It's too bad we've so many LD that limits what we can do with pairings. But it's a widespread problem:

Of the 290 defensemen who played at least one NHL game during the 2012-13 season, 180 shot from the left side (62 percent). (Source NHL.com)

Like I said moving Emelin to LD would be like upgrading him. Dumping Gorges and picking up a 2ndP RD would make things much easier for our defensive pairings, both by opening up space for Tinordi/Beaulieu and by helping Emelin to move.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It's pretty hard to know where he fits since he hasn't played any game at the NHL level last season. Needs to be tested, first.

Considering the way that this coaching staff seems to work, I'd be surprised if 2 young guys from Hamilton make this squad, barring injuries.

I think they still try to sign weaver, or another veteran to take his place. That leaves one spot open.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Considering the way that this coaching staff seems to work, I'd be surprised if 2 young guys from Hamilton make this squad, barring injuries.

I think they still try to sign weaver, or another veteran to take his place. That leaves one spot open.

This coaching staff is stunting the team's future.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

First, Bergevin will have 8 NHL ready dmen on the roster. Book it.

Second, there will be injuries.

So, if 2 of the big 4 young guns are NHL ready, they will get a lot of ice time this year. True, I see only Beaulieu or Tinordi being in the top six right out of camp. But sometime during the season I see another young dman getting a regular shift.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Pateryn will only be a hab if he takes a huge step forward with this game. He's a pretty good AHL player, but he hasn't shown he's an NHL player.

Too bad Andre Benoit never got a shot. Too small for the habs I suppose. Too good for the 'Dogs.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Pateryn will only be a hab if he takes a huge step forward with this game. He's a pretty good AHL player, but he hasn't shown he's an NHL player.

Too bad he didn't play any games in the NHL last season, so whether he's an NHL player could be evaluated.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00