Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Exactly.

That's why the amount of vitriol is so bizarre. Over and over again, "the Sens are irrelevant, they don't matter" and then paroxysms of rage. It's like their trying to convince themselves or something.

Just relax Habs fans, it's just pre-season. There's a decent chance that they'll win the next one.

Considering how many regulars were out there for both teams, it's clear that there's still a lot of work in getting some of that rust off.

Both Lehner and Budaj let in softies.

A lot of passes thrown right up the middle of the ice.

Sorry to say though Lehner's always been good fora soft goal against.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
As for Cowen, I haven't lost hope for the kid, but I don't think his ceiling is as a first pairing guy. What he needs to do is keep his game as simple as possible. Keep the front of the net clear, keep close with the guy on your half of the ice, and when you get the puck, chip it up the boards - do the safest play with the puck. He gets into trouble when he tries to act like Karlsson breaking out of the zone. Just keep it simple.

I agree about Cowen. His slow skating will limit his usefullness to third pairing defenceman role, with slight potential to play on the second pairing on a lower quality team.

My post game thoughts:
Subban needs to smarten up. He's getting $9M/yr and is bouncing his knuckles off the top of a minimum wage defenceman's head.

True that! Some knuckles. Some head!

My view is that the Senators were trying to protect their goalie from cheap stick shots and Subban charged in to help his players. He charged in on the wrong guys this time. I am very glad the Senators have some players who will stand up for their team mates when required.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, Patches and PK instigated the fights, so not sure what the Scabs are crying about. It's going to be a fun season playing these guys if this was only a pre-season game.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah, Patches and PK instigated the fights, so not sure what the Scabs are crying about. It's going to be a fun season playing these guys if this was only a pre-season game.

They think there's some imaginary code where there players can facewash, grab, punch with gloves on, throw players to the ice and no one from the other team should retaliate.

But we just beat Montreal and it's just the pre-season. Not like that team is going anywhere.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
If the Habs don't want to get involved in the rough stuff they shouldn't start **** disturbing after the whistle. They play like a team with a Tier 1 enforcer. With the amount of muscle they have they don't have to back down, but 9/10 they are the ones STARTING it, which blows my mind.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Borocop tried to give Subban an out like twice in that fight and really didn't seem interested in fighting him at all. Subban was a big dummy and that move alone proved why he didn't get the C yet.

It was funny watching the game on RDS last night. I've never seen analysts talk so much crap about an opposing team (in the pre-season too). They have former coaches and players on their crew and you'd think they were just regular fans with their comments and lack of knowledge of opposing players.

The entire crew were convinced the Sens over-paid for Ryan. Jacques Demers even said he's a $5M at most... They go and claim Boro is useless player that won't see any time in the NHL despite the fact he was hitting the Habs hard all game and was generally pretty effective out there.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
This is getting out of hand and off topic.
I am closing this down. We play them again tonight. I will be posting a warning about conduct in the thread.

Be the bigger people and ignore trolls and do not throw around insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad