Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Sens Tomorrow

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Next up eh? so Perreault in for Byron? Hopefully Habs can still bring the energy and intensity they have during the last few games.:crossfing

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Habs are like Chinese food. Sweet n' Sour.

Sweet for the wins, Sour for the draft.

Think of it this way: last place has a 25.7% chance to draft #1OA. Teams 2-5 have an 8.5-12.1% chance to win it. I doubt we stay at the complete bottom competing with Arizona and Seattle. The top 6-8 players available in this draft are pretty darn good and fit needs. It's pretty much gravy at this point. Wins help our young guys progress, and we will get a good player at the draft regardless.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Think of it this way: last place has a 25.7% chance to draft #1OA. Teams 2-5 have an 8.5-12.1% chance to win it. I doubt we stay at the complete bottom competing with Arizona and Seattle. The top 6-8 players available in this draft are pretty darn good and fit needs. It's pretty much gravy at this point. Wins help our young guys progress, and we will get a good player at the draft regardless.

Even if the habs remain to have the best odds at #1, there's also that sad feeling that montreal could win the lottery in a "non-phenom" year.

Next year is the phenom year. The timing of the basement dive sucks. If you're going to be really bad, I wish it was next year. I suppose that can still happen, but we will see how the roster looks after the deadline in order to start projecting their prospects for next year.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Even if the habs remain to have the best odds at #1, there's also that sad feeling that montreal could win the lottery in a "non-phenom" year.

Next year is the phenom year. The timing of the basement dive sucks. If you're going to be really bad, I wish it was next year. I suppose that can still happen, but we will see how the roster looks after the deadline in order to start projecting their prospects for next year.
Trade Drouin, Gally and a prospect, whatever it takes, to get first pick from the team most likely to finish last next year. AKA The Sam Pollock move.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good to see Eddie back on the ice; maybe Perreault plays well enough that we can trade him if a team needs depth.

Something like 2022 7th & Perreault for a 4th or 5th. Anything would be good. Guys always injured.

Too bad about Byron. He's been unable to stay healthy for awhile now too.

Sens seem to be playing okay recently. I think Stutzle is pretty hot right now.

Can't believe it's almost March, and this is our 1st game vs Sens this season.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Public service announcement.

Gallagher's bald spot received a lot of attention in the last GDT. We've gone to the bottom of it.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad