Post-Game Talk: Habs Rookies Lose 4-3 to Sens Rookies (After Being Down 4-0 Heading Into the 3rd)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Today's rookies play again at 4PM. The game will be at the Bell Complex in Brossard.

It will be streamed on RDS' website:

lines.png

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Now I have to figure out what in the blazes twitch is. :huh:

It's like a streaming service for people who stream themselves playing video games - it was also a popular recruiting playground for the American Military until AOC shut that down.

Also during the playoffs, the Habs' Twitch channel had Marc Dumont and Kevin Raphael either interviewing wives of the players of the team or live streaming their reactions to the away games.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Crazy, I didn't know the Habs had a twitch account. I'm surprisingly happy about this.

Next step in the direction away from the TV oligopoly currently in Canada I hope. I'd love to be able to subscribe to just the Habs games with fear of blackouts or needing to pay for extra content etc, just the Habs stuff.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Habs have yet to release a game day Tweet with the time and stream/broadcast on it.

The Sens have, and in it, they also mention that they will have streaming details closer to puck drop. So that tells me Habs haven't confirmed anything yet themselves.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was looking forward to seeing Ylonen, but I guess that won't be happening.

Why wouldn't it? His quarantine is over and has been skating with the extras. The team was in Ottawa so it's possible he joined the group yesterday.

The rookies also have a game against Ottawa of U-Sports tomorrow, as well.

Reactions: habsfan92

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
So it's some kid playing EA sports NHL hockey using the Habs rookies?
What is it with this team?? Why Twich?

Because it's one of the largest streaming services in the world. They may have a contract with Twitch, often organizations and people have contracts to only stream on 1 platform.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Pushing Twitch is a BIG Mil/gen Z move IMO and copies the like of the NBA and some NFL games. A Lot of streamers have contracts with Teams in the NBA and there's live coverage/chat of some NBA teams.

For example, some 2k 2022 gamers live stream some NBA games, it's the gamification of sports with the likes of live betting while watching and live talking with viewers.

it's the future with Youtube live imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad